Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

What's the job market like for remote dba work? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:45 PM
ps (7/20/2009)
Jeff Moden (7/19/2009)

Pradeep... I've seen your posts... have you a website I could visit?

Jeff, I work for HP GCI(Global center of India, Bangalore). I dont hv a personal website of mine. May be you'd like to visit HP's sites. I've not seen too many cases wherein the TAT was missed except for few in tens of thousands. We maintain our TTO(time to own) and TTR(time to response) very stringently.

TTO and TTR you explained, but what is TAT?

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #758748
Posted Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:00 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Sunday, July 6, 2014 3:07 PM
Lynn, TAT=Turn Around Time (not a defined phrase as per the SDD-service delivary document, but we use it for TTO+TTR).
eg. in one of our deliveries, Time to own the tickets is 15 minutes and Time to resolve the tickets is 3hrs 30 mins. so TAT becomes 3 hrs 45 mins (for Priority 1 tickets).

correction TTR= Time to Resolve and not time to respond as i mentioned in the previous post.

Pradeep Singh
Post #758776
Posted Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:24 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:45 PM
Okay. Now all that makes sense. Thank you.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #758784
Posted Monday, September 20, 2010 1:59 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:32 PM
In all fairness I have known in-house DBAs who fail to provide the level of service mentioned previously. My question is whether the company in question holds their in-house DBAs to the same standard as the remote (and hence outsourced) ones? Maybe your company does. My experience is that many companies dont hold their internal IT staff to the same rigor as they do the consultant/remote workers. I have known internal DBAs that missed backup failures because of the demand to get development projects done. That is unacceptable as I am sure you agree.

Dan Fugett, MS

MCITP: SQL Server 2008 DBA
MCTS: SQL Server 2008 Database Implementation and Maintenance
Security+
Network+
Post #989759
Posted Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:39 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Sunday, July 6, 2014 3:07 PM
danfugett (9/20/2010)
In all fairness I have known in-house DBAs who fail to provide the level of service mentioned previously. My question is whether the company in question holds their in-house DBAs to the same standard as the remote (and hence outsourced) ones? Maybe your company does. My experience is that many companies dont hold their internal IT staff to the same rigor as they do the consultant/remote workers. I have known internal DBAs that missed backup failures because of the demand to get development projects done. That is unacceptable as I am sure you agree.

Dan Fugett, MS

MCITP: SQL Server 2008 DBA
MCTS: SQL Server 2008 Database Implementation and Maintenance
Security+
Network+

That may be one off case. but personally I wont generalize whether in-house dbas are better off or outsourced ones. Depends on passion of work. I have changed my company now and we have both in-house and outsourced DBAs here and we have excellant coordination. nobody finds fault at others and both teams help each other.

Pradeep Singh
Post #990050
Posted Friday, November 4, 2011 1:17 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, December 23, 2011 7:32 AM
Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, where you guys? where do you work?
This post is like two year old one, still wanted you guys to have look at this site.
This company offers remote database support and service. Please go through it.

http://dbawork.com/index.html
Post #1200855
Posted Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, April 28, 2014 2:22 AM
Looks nobody's at HOME..
Post #1321140
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 5:30 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:13 AM
hi this is Hedward Marsh, i am a beginner to SQL i want to know more information about a SQL i have searched in google i found this website this website contains lots of information about SQL controls, backups etc this site contains very useful information thanks for posting

job description, job descriptions, cashier job description, administrative assistant job description
Post #1411634
Posted Monday, July 7, 2014 5:38 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 7, 2014 5:36 AM
The DBA section describes database services and includes the use consumer groups to define relative priority.

Training and Placements
H1B Placements
Post #1589809
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse