Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Powering up DTS with PerlDTS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:22 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 5, 2010 9:31 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Powering up DTS with PerlDTS
Post #619171
Posted Monday, December 22, 2008 6:55 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:14 AM
This is an amazing module, Thanks very much for your help.
Post #623918
Posted Monday, December 22, 2008 8:13 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:31 AM
Agreed this is a fascinating amount of quality work. I haven't had the time to review it, but I share the concerns of the author in moving DTS packages across environments (dev, qa , prod).

I also applaud the use of Perl. The syntax might look foreign and intimidating to those raised on VB, but the power of the language and the amazing CPAN community cannot be ignored.

Nice work Alceu, and thanks for sharing.

Vince

Post #623973
Posted Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:49 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Friday, April 4, 2014 4:40 PM
I am not myself a perl programmer, but this was both enlightening and a fantastic piece of work.

---
Timothy A Wiseman
SQL Blog: http://timothyawiseman.wordpress.com/
Post #624756
Posted Thursday, December 25, 2008 4:29 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:46 AM
Excellent article ...:)

Post #625646
Posted Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:58 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:26 AM
Good stuff, I just wish I had more time to work with DTS right now. Too much stuff clamoring for my attention.

Anyway, wanted to mention Linchi Shea's book on SQL 2000 administration with Perl. Available used from Amazon for $3.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-World-Server-Administration-Perl/dp/159059097X

Myself, I've done two things to help my admin chores with Perl. The first was to reformat script files into a format that's better for me, the second is a scheduled job that runs at midnight and grabs my SQL Server logs for the previous 24 hours excluding successful logins, so I have a single place to review everything.
Post #632719
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse