Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,4194,4204,4214,4224,423»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:26 AM
Grant Fritchey (6/14/2014)
Koen Verbeeck (6/14/2014)
Ah, the world cup...

Spoilsport.

England plays today!

WHOOOOP!!!

I bet they are going to lose. Hard.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1580846
Posted Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:00 PM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 10:05 AM
The Dixie Flatline (6/14/2014)
GilaMonster (6/14/2014)
Ah, the world cup...

Yup, that's pretty much how I feel.

I have little interest in sport. Most of the time that's fine. This week, I can't even go to my favourite coffee shop without feeling like I'm at the stadium (TV turned up very loud)

Tell me that no one brought vuvuzelas to the coffee shop...

Those things are banned in most public places, most shopping centres and most shops.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1580861
Posted Sunday, June 15, 2014 4:05 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 7:55 AM
Ah, the world cup...

Spoilsport.

England plays today!

WHOOOOP!!!

And they did. Well, not that hard, but a loss is a loss.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1580918
Posted Sunday, June 15, 2014 11:47 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Ah, the world cup...

Spoilsport.

England plays today!

WHOOOOP!!!

Told you

Post #1580941
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014 6:30 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:00 PM
GilaMonster (6/14/2014)
Ah, the world cup...

I have little interest in sport. Most of the time that's fine. This week, I can't even go to my favourite coffee shop without feeling like I'm at the stadium (TV turned up very loud)
+1. A lot of people sure do like it, though. I played soccer when I was 10 (before soccer was fashionable in the US), but I don't understand the mania that goes along with it nowadays.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1581089
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014 6:36 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:55 AM
Ed Wagner (6/16/2014)
GilaMonster (6/14/2014)
Ah, the world cup...

+1. A lot of people sure do like it, though. I played soccer when I was 10 (before soccer was fashionable in the US), but I don't understand the mania that goes along with it nowadays.

Me neither.
Rugby players have a couple of amusing takes on football, such as the difference between the two sports- one's a played by men pretending to be hurt, the other's played by men pretending not to be. Football players are known as "Prancing lawn fairies". There's more but this is a family show.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1581094
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014 7:25 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:06 AM
ChrisM@Work (6/16/2014)
Ed Wagner (6/16/2014)
GilaMonster (6/14/2014)
Ah, the world cup...

Me neither.
Rugby players have a couple of amusing takes on football, such as the difference between the two sports- one's a played by men pretending to be hurt, the other's played by men pretending not to be. Football players are known as "Prancing lawn fairies". There's more but this is a family show.

I'm pretty sure I lost a second interview slot for saying something very similar to that on my way out of the first interview.

The company sponsored the nearest Premiership team!

Learnt to very important lessons there.
The interview isn't over until you really have left the building / said goodbye to the person showing you the way out
Remember what other ventures the company is involved with - like sponsorship

Rodders...

Post #1581115
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014 7:25 AM

SSChampion

Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 2:32 PM
ChrisM@Work (6/16/2014)
Ed Wagner (6/16/2014)
GilaMonster (6/14/2014)
Ah, the world cup...

Me neither.

haha that's awesome. I don't understand why so many soccer players have to roll around on the ground like they just broke their leg in half only to jump up 10 seconds later. I would love to hear more of these. Feel free to send me an IM and any colorful language is not going to offend me.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1581116
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014 7:29 AM

SSChampion

Sean Lange (6/16/2014)
I don't understand why so many soccer players have to roll around on the ground like they just broke their leg in half only to jump up 10 seconds later.

Well, because they are a bunch of crying girlies (bunch of Prada-manbag wearing models).

The incentive is clear enough: try to get a free kick or penalty or try to get the other player a red/yellow card. And because the FIFA is still living in mediavel times and doesn't allow technological assistence like in any other sport, it is pretty easy to foul the referee.

Post #1581119
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014 7:41 AM

SSChampion

Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 2:32 PM
Koen Verbeeck (6/16/2014)
Sean Lange (6/16/2014)
I don't understand why so many soccer players have to roll around on the ground like they just broke their leg in half only to jump up 10 seconds later.

Well, because they are a bunch of crying girlies (bunch of Prada-manbag wearing models).

The incentive is clear enough: try to get a free kick or penalty or try to get the other player a red/yellow card. And because the FIFA is still living in mediavel times and doesn't allow technological assistence like in any other sport, it is pretty easy to foul the referee.

LOL. At least this time around they are working a few technological advances (like goal line technology). And the aerosol can has been working very well the last few years in MLS. I would like to see the 4th official be allowed to review tape during the game so things like the Costa headbutt can be dealt with.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1581125
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,4194,4204,4214,4224,423»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse