Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,3704,3714,3724,3734,374»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:36 AM
OK, now I'll be keeping a better eye on y'all. For the first time in like 3 years I have no trips scheduled and no speaking commitments in the future.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1562440
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:02 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:24 PM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/16/2014)
OK, now I'll be keeping a better eye on y'all. For the first time in like 3 years I have no trips scheduled and no speaking commitments in the future.

See what starting SQLSaturday did to you?

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings
Post #1562444
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:59 PM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:05 AM
WayneS (4/16/2014)

Always nice to get a break from the chaos.
We'll be easy on you.
Post #1562464
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:23 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:44 PM
Ed Wagner (4/14/2014)
I know there are many crazy stories about the weather from this year all over the world, but I have to share today's crazy forecast.

In Michigan, we're at 71 F now with winds at 23 MPH. Rain arrives later this morning. One inch of snow tonight and a low of 28 F. It was beautiful this past weekend and now we're at 71 F with snow tonight! It doesn't do this here very often. In spite of this unusually cold and snowy winter, I'm sure everyone will instantaneously forget how to drive at some point today or overnight.

Sat in Denver it was 70F. I was out walking the dogs in shorts and a long sleeve T (I little windy). Sun I left and it was 35F and raining, with 6-10" of snow coming.

Your dog wears shorts? That just brought up a funny image in my head.

Tom
Post #1562481
Posted Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:22 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 2:42 AM
Greg Edwards-268690 (4/16/2014)
WayneS (4/16/2014)

We'll be easy on you.

I'll give you two weeks Steve!

Rodders...

Post #1562561
Posted Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:33 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:52 PM
Anyone with a better grasp of partitioning and locking can chime in on this one?
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1562552-391-1.aspx

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1562568
Posted Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:13 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

WayneS (4/16/2014)

Indeed, though I think all of you that go, attending or speaking, are partially to blame for making it so popular.

Post #1562847
Posted Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:14 PM

SSC-Dedicated

rodjkidd (4/17/2014)
Greg Edwards-268690 (4/16/2014)
WayneS (4/16/2014)

We'll be easy on you.

I'll give you two weeks Steve!

Rodders...

Ha! surgery next week and then I'm out of any flights for a month no matter what. Sad that I have to skip TechEd after I was selected to speak .

Post #1562848
Posted Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:53 PM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:05 AM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/17/2014)
WayneS (4/16/2014)

Indeed, though I think all of you that go, attending or speaking, are partially to blame for making it so popular.

Spread the blame....

Hope all goes well and recovery goes smoothly.
Buddy of mine just had hip replacement, and sounds like he may be back to the tennis court in 3 weeks.
Just hope he doesn't overdo it.
Too much instinctive reactions for me to ever think about that much so soon after something like that.
Especially as we tend to be somewhat competitive.....

So ease back into things, please.
Post #1562865
Posted Friday, April 18, 2014 6:40 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:17 AM
Greg Edwards-268690 (4/17/2014)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/17/2014)
WayneS (4/16/2014)

Spread the blame....

Hope all goes well and recovery goes smoothly.
Buddy of mine just had hip replacement, and sounds like he may be back to the tennis court in 3 weeks.
Just hope he doesn't overdo it.
Too much instinctive reactions for me to ever think about that much so soon after something like that.
Especially as we tend to be somewhat competitive.....

So ease back into things, please.

A friend of mine got a new hip and was down for 2 months. Aside from the occasional trip, he works from home on a computer, so it was no problem for work, but he was taken down hard. Steve, take the time to heal and get back into things slowly. I know getting outside with the kids is great, especially now that spring is here, but the time spent healing now will prevent more time lost later.

I hope all goes well in your surgery.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1563002
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,3704,3714,3724,3734,374»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse