Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««4,1234,1244,1254,1264,127»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:37 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:20 PM
Grant Fritchey (9/10/2013)
L' Eomot Inversé (9/9/2013)
Grant Fritchey (9/9/2013)
Not sure anyone noticed, but we passed the three year anniversary of the thread. Thank the gods the terrible twos are over. Our little... thread... is a toddler now.

Yes, I noticed that - nearly 2 years ago. Has the battery failed in your calendar?
The message which began the thread happened on November 18, 2008.

Oops. Saw the wrong date.

Never mind.

Or was it the Grant of 2 years back who used DBCC_Timewarp to post this message yesterday, trying to fool us all?!?

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1493065
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:42 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 11:06 AM
Koen Verbeeck (9/10/2013)
Not sure anyone noticed, but we passed the three year anniversary of the thread. Thank the gods the terrible twos are over. Our little... thread... is a toddler now.

Yes, I noticed that - nearly 2 years ago. Has the battery failed in your calendar?

Never mind.

Or was it the Grant of 2 years back who used DBCC_Timewarp to post this message yesterday, trying to fool us all?!?

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

Or maybe the Grant of today used DBCC_Timewarp to go back to tell Grant of 2 year ago to use DBCC_Timewarp to post yesterday so as to confuse all of us?
Post #1493122
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:46 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:20 PM
jasona.work (9/10/2013)

Never mind.

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

Or maybe the Grant of today used DBCC_Timewarp to go back to tell Grant of 2 year ago to use DBCC_Timewarp to post yesterday so as to confuse all of us?

I don't get it, I'm confused.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1493124
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:10 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 11:31 AM

Which means we have a 5 year anniversary coming up. Exciting!

We also recently passed the 3 year aniversary of the last time the OP even logged in to SSC. Whatever happened to Michael Earl?

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1493134
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:19 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:00 AM
jasona.work (9/10/2013)

Never mind.

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

So am I; Grant doesn't specify whether he say Sept 2010 instead of Nov 2008 or Nov 2011 instead of Sept 2013, so another possibility is that he inadvertently used DBCC Timewarp when yesterday when looking for the current date.

Tom
Post #1493135
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:09 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:11 AM
Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)
Hey is anyone going to be at the SQLSaturday this week in Orlando or next week in Providence? If you are be sure we see each other.

I'll be at Orlando, but not at the speaker's dinner unfortunately. See you there.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1493157
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:13 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

L' Eomot Inversé (9/10/2013)
jasona.work (9/10/2013)

Never mind.

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

So am I; Grant doesn't specify whether he say Sept 2010 instead of Nov 2008 or Nov 2011 instead of Sept 2013, so another possibility is that he inadvertently used DBCC Timewarp when yesterday when looking for the current date.

Wow. Don't quit your current day job, Grant. Employers are using the internet to check up on potential employees and documented misuse of DBCC Timewarp ensures that you will never get another job interview again.

Unless of course, you remember the settings to go back and erase the evidence before the employers manage to look for it. @=)

Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1493161
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:14 AM

SSCertifiable

I am seriously thinking of making DBCC Timewarp settings one of my own interview questions, just to see how far the SQL Conspiracy has spread.

Post #1493164
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:21 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 11:51 AM
Brandie Tarvin (9/10/2013)
I am seriously thinking of making DBCC Timewarp settings one of my own interview questions, just to see how far the SQL Conspiracy has spread.

What are 3 of the required parameters for DBCC Timewarp?

What are 7 of the optional parameters?

I like where this is headed.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1493208
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Friday, July 18, 2014 2:05 PM
SQLRNNR (9/10/2013)
Brandie Tarvin (9/10/2013)

What are 3 of the required parameters for DBCC Timewarp?

What are 7 of the optional parameters?

I like where this is headed.

This does sound like a fun direction. You know, someone is going about DBCC Timewarp and (after searching for a while) try to write the procedure. I think it should be a procedure to go back in time in the transaction log and undo a single transaction. Of course, it would "just know" which one you want to undo. I don't think my server has the horsepower to actually traverse time, so I'd be willing to settle for the transaction log.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1493229
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««4,1234,1244,1254,1264,127»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse