Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««3,9273,9283,9293,9303,931»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 26, 2014 3:23 PM
Lynn Pettis (3/30/2013)
SQLRNNR (3/30/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/30/2013)
SQLRNNR (3/30/2013)
WayneS (3/30/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/29/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/29/2013)
GilaMonster (3/29/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/29/2013)
Not that I don't believe, is there anything I can do to see this?

Read my blog?
http://sqlinthewild.co.za/index.php/2010/10/12/a-trio-of-table-variables/ Third section, "Changes to Table Variables are not logged" and the kb article that it links to.

Okay, sounds good to me. I have few months before I go, just not sure if I can make the time before hand. Definitely give me something to do while not working or sleeping.

Well, I had a quick read, now all I need is more time to actually play with this myself and see how things work. May even do it before going to Afghanistan, but we will have to see. Definitely something to do while there though.

If you can make it to a SQLSaturday where I'm presenting my Table Variables / Temp Tables, I demo this.

Two suggestions for you then:

SQLSat in Denver this September

And
SQL Sat in SLC (sometime in the fall but not yet scheduled).

Sorry but I will be 7700 miles away in Kabul, Afghanistan.

How long are you going to be there?

Supposed to be 6 months but I'm hoping to try and extend it to 12 months (I would like the tax break for working overseas for a year).

You really sure you want to do this? Afghanistan isn't exactly the safest place on the planet. But on the other hand, it is probably the closest place to a desert where you can pitch a tent?

Edit: Somehow my message ended up in the middle of the quote by whoever... This friggin laptop drives me crazy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)
Post #1437286
Posted Sunday, March 31, 2013 12:22 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 12:03 AM
Jan Van der Eecken (3/31/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/30/2013)
SQLRNNR (3/30/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/30/2013)
SQLRNNR (3/30/2013)
WayneS (3/30/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/29/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/29/2013)
GilaMonster (3/29/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/29/2013)
Not that I don't believe, is there anything I can do to see this?

Read my blog?
http://sqlinthewild.co.za/index.php/2010/10/12/a-trio-of-table-variables/ Third section, "Changes to Table Variables are not logged" and the kb article that it links to.

Okay, sounds good to me. I have few months before I go, just not sure if I can make the time before hand. Definitely give me something to do while not working or sleeping.

Well, I had a quick read, now all I need is more time to actually play with this myself and see how things work. May even do it before going to Afghanistan, but we will have to see. Definitely something to do while there though.

If you can make it to a SQLSaturday where I'm presenting my Table Variables / Temp Tables, I demo this.

Two suggestions for you then:

SQLSat in Denver this September

And
SQL Sat in SLC (sometime in the fall but not yet scheduled).

Sorry but I will be 7700 miles away in Kabul, Afghanistan.

How long are you going to be there?

Supposed to be 6 months but I'm hoping to try and extend it to 12 months (I would like the tax break for working overseas for a year).

You really sure you want to do this? Afghanistan isn't exactly the safest place on the planet. But on the other hand, it is probably the closest place to a desert where you can pitch a tent?

Edit: Somehow my message ended up in the middle of the quote by whoever... This friggin laptop drives me crazy...

Yes, I am sure about doing this, but I am both anxious and excited about going. It may not be the safest place but having talked to several friends and soldiers that have been there I feel safe enough going. Having an opportunity to actually be there working with our soldiers and our allies, it is the right thing to do.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1437305
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 3:43 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:27 PM
Lynn Pettis (3/31/2013)

Yes, I am sure about doing this, but I am both anxious and excited about going. It may not be the safest place but having talked to several friends and soldiers that have been there I feel safe enough going. Having an opportunity to actually be there working with our soldiers and our allies, it is the right thing to do.

Best of luck, and keep in touch, very regularly, when you go.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1437387
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 7:38 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 9:11 AM
Grant Fritchey (4/1/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/31/2013)

+1

Lynn, do you know yet when you are heading out?

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1437432
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 7:58 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 12:03 AM
Sean Lange (4/1/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/31/2013)

+1

The date I have been told at this time is June 23rd.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1437442
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 8:41 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 7:17 AM
Best of luck, Lynn, and be safe.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1437467
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 8:51 AM

SSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 9:11 AM
Sean Lange (4/1/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/31/2013)

+1

Not sure if that is good or bad. I know if I had something like this looming I would just as soon get started. Waiting around would put my nerves so far beyond I would barely be able to function.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1437471
Posted Monday, April 1, 2013 9:20 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:32 PM
Lynn Pettis (4/1/2013)
Sean Lange (4/1/2013)
Lynn Pettis (3/31/2013)

+1

The date I have been told at this time is June 23rd.

I do not doubt that this will be an interesting experience.

My wishes for your safe return,

R.
Post #1437490
Posted Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:58 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Today @ 9:05 AM
You know, silly thing, but it'd be nice if you could specify credentials for a Windows Auth connection in SSMS...

I've got two logins, one for "normal" use which has no access to SQL, and an "admin" login which does. Sure I can right-click and run as, but that's a nusciance, and 30 seconds out of my day each time...
Post #1437847
Posted Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:05 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 8:07 AM
jasona.work (4/2/2013)
You know, silly thing, but it'd be nice if you could specify credentials for a Windows Auth connection in SSMS...

I've got two logins, one for "normal" use which has no access to SQL, and an "admin" login which does. Sure I can right-click and run as, but that's a nusciance, and 30 seconds out of my day each time...

And it is this sort of crap that causes people to just use their admin login all the time.

Either you have the perms or you don't. Make it simple and just have the one login.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1437907
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««3,9273,9283,9293,9303,931»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse