Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««3,9023,9033,9043,9053,906»»»

Are the posted questions getting worse? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:04 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 1:27 PM
Revenant (2/28/2013)
Stefan Krzywicki (2/28/2013)
Revenant (2/28/2013)
. . .

Do you know how I get either System.Runtime.Serialization.Json or System.Web.Script.Serialization installed on my machine? I've run across implications that they're part of AJAX. Are they? Will they be available if I install AJAX or is there more I need to do?

They are available in Framework 4 and 4.5. You have to include the System.Runtime.Serialization assembly.

Edit: formatting of the quote.

I believe it is also available in 3.5, but I can't include the reference in a C# or VB database project. I can in a Windows Forms project though. I think I need to re-register ServiceModel.exe

I tried WCF projects in both VS 2010 and 2012 and they all have the assembly included in the template.

What type of project are you working with, Stefan?

database in C# or VB. I want to make a CLR, so that seemed like the kind of project to create. Is that wrong?

--------------------------------------
When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams
Post #1425239
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:08 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Revenant (2/28/2013)
Revenant (2/28/2013)
. . .

Do you know how I get either System.Runtime.Serialization.Json or System.Web.Script.Serialization installed on my machine? I've run across implications that they're part of AJAX. Are they? Will they be available if I install AJAX or is there more I need to do?

They are available in Framework 4 and 4.5. You have to include the System.Runtime.Serialization assembly.

I believe it is also available in 3.5, but I can't include the reference in a C# or VB database project. I can in a Windows Forms project though. I think I need to re-register ServiceModel.exe

I tried WCF projects in both VS 2010 and 2012 and they all have the assembly included in the template.

Awesome, got it. System.Web.Script.Serialization is available, System.Runtime.Serialization.JSON is not. That should work for now at least. Thanks for the help!

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
Post #1425241
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:30 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:43 PM
Revenant (2/28/2013)
Revenant (2/28/2013)
. . .

Awesome, got it. System.Web.Script.Serialization is available, System.Runtime.Serialization.JSON is not. That should work for now at least. Thanks for the help!

Just for the heck of it I tried to modify the AdventureCycles Transactions sample. I could add, reference and use Runtime.Serialization without any problem. Code is attached.

Post Attachments 
TestCLR.zip (5 views, 10.57 KB)
Post #1425254
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:37 PM
SSC Eights!

Revenant (2/28/2013)
Revenant (2/28/2013)
Revenant (2/28/2013)
. . .

Just for the heck of it I tried to modify the AdventureCycles Transactions sample. I could add, reference and use Runtime.Serialization without any problem. Code is attached.

Thanks, I'll check that out later.

Post #1425256
Posted Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:13 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, December 15, 2014 2:26 PM
Hey guys, I've got a bit of a quandry trying to avoid some recursion while dealing with an XML build. If anyone's willing to spend some time digging through my rambling and code and give me a hand, I'd appreciate the assistance. Even a lmgtfy or "You're SOL" would be helpful at this point, I'm about to see if I can field goal the PC with trebuchet assistance.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1425920-392-1.aspx

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions | Forum Netiquette
For index/tuning help, follow these directions. |Tally Tables

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA
Post #1425921
Posted Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:31 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Evil Kraig F (3/3/2013)
Hey guys, I've got a bit of a quandry trying to avoid some recursion while dealing with an XML build. If anyone's willing to spend some time digging through my rambling and code and give me a hand, I'd appreciate the assistance. Even a lmgtfy or "You're SOL" would be helpful at this point, I'm about to see if I can field goal the PC with trebuchet assistance.

For better or worse, I took on that.
Post #1425990
Posted Monday, March 4, 2013 9:15 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:58 AM
Evil Kraig F (3/3/2013)

Not sure if what I suggested will help, but I tried.

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings
Post #1426311
Posted Monday, March 4, 2013 9:45 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

I always find it frustrating when someone asks me or someone else to do things for which T-SQL was not meant, in this case parsing multilevel XML with multiple occurrences of the same tag, yet prohibits use of a tool that would make it a breeze - in this case XML LINQ via CLR Integration.
Post #1426332
Posted Monday, March 4, 2013 9:48 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, December 15, 2014 2:26 PM
Revenant (3/4/2013)
I always find it frustrating when someone asks me or someone else to do things for which T-SQL was not meant, in this case parsing multilevel XML with multiple occurrences of the same tag, yet prohibits use of a tool that would make it a breeze - in this case XML LINQ via CLR Integration.

Sorry Revenant. Don't mean to be the cause of your frustration in this case. Clean CLR isn't what scares my DBA's, it's letting my app coders loose with it.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions | Forum Netiquette
For index/tuning help, follow these directions. |Tally Tables

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA
Post #1426334
Posted Monday, March 4, 2013 10:03 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

Evil Kraig F (3/4/2013)
Revenant (3/4/2013)

Sorry Revenant. Don't mean to be the cause of your frustration in this case. Clean CLR isn't what scares my DBA's, it's letting my app coders loose with it.

It was not meant at you, Craig. I have been in that situation and I know how it feels.
Post #1426343
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««3,9023,9033,9043,9053,906»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse