Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Resource Governor Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:03 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:17 AM
Pls see the KB article from Microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972200

Post #1011363
Posted Friday, January 14, 2011 5:20 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, January 31, 2011 4:56 AM
Hi,
I need some advice on SQL 2008 server, We have 2 different applications and have 2 databases, and have one Windows Physical server at primary site. Is it better to have 2 instances and then one D/B per instance or is it better to have one instance with 2 D/B's on it. We also need to take reglular backup and both DB's wil be connected to SAN as well. and for failover we have a secondary site where another physical server would be deployed both D/B's wouldbe in passive mode and maintained through MSCS.

So, With the help of Resource Governer, 1) can the hardware resource be dedicated to a database, if I have Two Instances on Single server with one database per instance?
2) can the hardware resource be dedicated to a database, if I have Single Instance with two databases?
Please reply soon.
Post #1047822
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:41 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:13 AM
Hi,

I have a requirement to set the resource governor to utilize the resources for 90%. I am new to this and need an urgent help how to configure via SSMS.
Post #1161311
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse