Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

SQLServerCentral Friday Crossword No 2 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, October 26, 2008 8:42 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQLServerCentral Friday Crossword No 2

Post #502223
Posted Friday, May 23, 2008 1:08 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Friday, February 4, 2011 7:20 AM
What the???

Virus Blocked Trojan.Script.2314!

Tom Garth
Vertical Solutions

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers

Post Attachments 
SQLServerCentral Crossword Blocked.JPG (8 views, 38.09 KB)
Post #506114
Posted Friday, May 23, 2008 1:28 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

there are no viruses in the puzzle. the clues are encrypted using a script. i am not sure why your antivirus is blocking? this is the first post on something like this. i just verified again with McAfee's latest version. no issues there. sorry, could not help.

--ravi

Post #506123
Posted Friday, May 23, 2008 1:36 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Ravi,

BitDefender didn't actually prevent the puzzle from loading and working. As far as I can tell, it just quarantined something that was traveling along with it.

I know you from other forums, and wasn't thinking you were doing anything malicious, but I felt like I had to post this.

I haven't investigated it any further. I know it could be a bogus message, but I have never gotten a false alarm in the 2 years I've been using BitDefender. If I find out more, I'll post back.

Tom Garth
Vertical Solutions

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
Post #506125
Posted Friday, May 23, 2008 1:49 PM
Forum Newbie

Thanks Tom. I would appreciate it, just like you said, if you could post, why it triggerred your bitdefender after further observation. btw, no body has similar experience like yours on the first crossword puzzle, i have authored here. you may want to check that too. if it triggers your bitdefender again, that will conclude being a false alarm. I used the same script to encrypt the clues in that one too.

--ravi

Post #506133
Posted Friday, May 23, 2008 2:00 PM

SSC Eights!

Interesting. It caught it coming and going(when i hit the Back button). It identified this one as Crossword1(1).htm.

Funny thing is, I remember doing that puzzle when it came out, and there was no alarm then. It was also a heck of a lot easier.

Tom Garth
Vertical Solutions

Post #506136
Posted Saturday, May 24, 2008 7:12 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:47 AM
Steve my scanner inform me about this: [color=#255]Virus found Dropper.Small[/color]

For the first time it happened while browsing this site. Though the page loaded after this.

Post #506236
Posted Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:57 PM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:41 AM
AVG 7.5 and 8.0 detected Virus Dropper.Small as well. 7.5 allowed the page to load. 8.0 did not allow the page to load.
Post #506300
Posted Saturday, May 24, 2008 11:33 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Sunday, September 9, 2012 5:55 PM
I hope you will publish te answer (I couldn't resolve all the crossword :S)
P.D.: Sorry about my English

José Miguel Gutiérrez Hilaccama
Database Developer - MCTS SQL Server 2005
No way Jose? ... bah
Post #506306
Posted Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:58 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, November 10, 2014 10:34 AM
Apologies to all who experienced some difficulties with this crossword. We're investigating what might be the root cause of the "virus" problem right now, and I'll report back.

We'll post the solution and announce the winners on Friday May 30.

Best,

Tony.

Post #506782
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse