Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Ready Made Code Snippet Tool Box Courtesy of SCOM Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:44 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Ready Made Code Snippet Tool Box Courtesy of SCOM
Post #473321
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 1:21 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:46 AM
First of all thank the author for the information sharing. This cannot be an article. This comes under knowledge/information sharing. I would request Steve to open a new category called 'Information Sharing', where we can share our tips, new tools available.

I also want comment on this from my forum partner.

:)

Post #473369
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 4:05 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:52 AM
Nice job Scott. I'm looking forward to seeing the code coming out of this effort.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #473396
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 5:22 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:15 PM
Nice work! do you have a link to download the toolbox?
Post #473405
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 5:56 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:02 PM
Nice short to-the-point article on some very useful information... thanks!

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #473420
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 6:08 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:55 PM
That's a good idea, and one I had not thought about previously except when I needed to dive into my own custom management pack. I'm not sure what you have to gain by stripping something out of a default SCOM management pack, unless your company was not using SCOM.

I am always trying to put extra code on top of the defaults, so now I will remember to look inside some of the default packs to see how they are getting the job done. One thing I have been struggling with recently is setting up a way to customize the discovery of a service (i.e. Sybase) in a similar fashion to how MSSQL is discovered. This would make the custom groups and rules I create much easier to administer.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, and I look forward to reading more.

----------------------
http://thomaslarock.com
Post #473424
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 6:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 7, 2013 1:08 AM
Little actual content in this article. How about some links? Or some examples of the code you've customised, in VB.net or C#?

It does sound interesting, but why exactly do you recommend a virtual server? Have you had some problems, or is this just a safety precaution? Obviously people don't deply trial software to their 10TB production estates.
Post #473425
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 7:46 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:37 AM
Although it's early (just saw the article earlier this morning), it's already yielding results, because -- while I "speak VB", we exclusively use C#. And as I am researching, I'm seeing some great candidates for conversion that can then be incorporated into all sorts of useful things like CLR packages, ReportingServices reports, etc.

Thanks for the heads up!!
Post #473451
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 8:20 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:56 AM
Mark Horninger (3/24/2008)
Nice work! do you have a link to download the toolbox?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/bb738014.aspx

It will ask you to register with microsoft. Its a huge file of 280 MB. I will download it from home.

SQL DBA.
Post #473476
Posted Monday, March 24, 2008 10:09 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 8:00 AM
I love having new tools to help me and my clients do our jobs more efficiently, but unfortunately I don't have time to install a big software package and play around with extracting/converting code. If anyone does take the time to do this I would very much appreciate a public dissemination of the efforts!!

Best,

Kevin G. Boles
SQL Server Consultant
SQL MVP 2007-2012
TheSQLGuru at GMail
Post #473565
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse