Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Alter Certificate Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:02 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 1:00 PM
Good question - thanks.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1494114
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:30 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:26 AM
Raghavendra Mudugal (9/12/2013)
Interesting one, Steve. Thank you for the post.

(I am on fire..... never got the 4 questions correct in a row before and this week I did... with just logical analysis and no execution. I am very excited about tomorrow's qtod and hoping to get it correct... if i did.... man... all 5 five FIVE!!!! )

Really Raghu, I was disappointed in your post. I expected you to be excited about having got 100 questions right, and looking forward to closing out the week having got all 101 questions correct.

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
Connect to me on LinkedIn
Post #1494132
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:32 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:56 AM
Thanks for the question!

Everything is awesome!
Post #1494172
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:34 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:47 PM
Thomas Abraham (9/12/2013)

(I am on fire..... never got the 4 questions correct in a row before and this week I did... with just logical analysis and no execution. I am very excited about tomorrow's qtod and hoping to get it correct... if i did.... man... all 5 five FIVE!!!! )

Really Raghu, I was disappointed in your post. I expected you to be excited about having got 100 questions right, and looking forward to closing out the week having got all 101 questions correct.

Thank you for the support, Thomas, and I am sorry that I have disappointed you. (I wish I had that much of knowledge where I can get 100 straight correct... but one day I will... )

ww; Raghu
--
The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.
Post #1494174
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:47 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 5:32 PM
Nice question, but it seems odd to refer to the SQL 2005 version of the BOL page for command, when there are perfectly good versions for the three releases currently in full support.

Tom
Post #1494256
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:06 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:14 PM

Thank you for the support, Thomas, and I am sorry that I have disappointed you. (I wish I had that much of knowledge where I can get 100 straight correct... but one day I will... )

I think Thomas wrote that comment in reference to your signature on these forums...

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Post #1494313
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:15 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 3:42 PM
L' Eomot Inversé (9/12/2013)
Nice question, but it seems odd to refer to the SQL 2005 version of the BOL page for command, when there are perfectly good versions for the three releases currently in full support.

True, but consider this: the certificate system was new in 2005, so the question is relevant to that version and future versions. Also, the only change in substance is for the 2012 version:
"The WITH PRIVATE KEY option is not available in a contained database."

They also clarified the statement "This password is subject to password complexity policy. For more information, see Password Policy." (2005 version)
to "[P]assword must meet the Windows password policy requirements of the computer that is running the instance of SQL Server. For more information, see Password Policy." (2008, 2008R2, and 2012 version)

There are a few other formatting/layout changes but that's it. Even the examples are the same, down to the very character.
Post #1494314
Posted Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:13 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:48 PM
Hugo Kornelis (9/12/2013)

I think Thomas wrote that comment in reference to your signature on these forums...

Y'all are too funny! Had a good laugh today.
Post #1494328
Posted Monday, September 16, 2013 12:44 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:50 AM
sknox (9/12/2013)
L' Eomot Inversé (9/12/2013)

True, but consider this: the certificate system was new in 2005, so the question is relevant to that version and future versions. Also, the only change in substance is for the 2012 version:
"The WITH PRIVATE KEY option is not available in a contained database."

They also clarified the statement "This password is subject to password complexity policy. For more information, see Password Policy." (2005 version)
to "[P]assword must meet the Windows password policy requirements of the computer that is running the instance of SQL Server. For more information, see Password Policy." (2008, 2008R2, and 2012 version)

There are a few other formatting/layout changes but that's it. Even the examples are the same, down to the very character.

It may be my setting of BoL but I am getting 2012 by default.
Post #1495241
Posted Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:13 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 5:20 AM
Simple and good question.
Post #1495384
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse