Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Database in suspected mode Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 12:44 PM
Krasavita (7/1/2013)
error message,I have differential and full backup

You do realize that most of the files in your attachment are empty, right?

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1469127
Posted Monday, July 1, 2013 10:38 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 12:24 PM
I suspect you're going to have to restore from your last good backup.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1469152
Posted Monday, July 1, 2013 11:17 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:58 AM
hello,
I restored database to a new name and want to delete bads one,get error messa:

Cannot drop the database because it is being used for replication,how can I remove it?
Post #1469164
Posted Monday, July 1, 2013 11:27 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

May I suggest you speak with the senior DBA there, get his help.

Gail Shaw
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

Post #1469167
Posted Monday, July 1, 2013 11:35 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 4:56 AM
Krasavita (7/1/2013)
hello,
I restored database to a new name and want to delete bads one,get error messa:

Cannot drop the database because it is being used for replication,how can I remove it?

Not knowing what the error message is, it's hard to suggest a solution.

If a database is being used for replication, then you'll need to remove the replication first, then drop it. But, are we talking about dropping the test restore? Why would it suddenly get used for replication? It shouldn't be. I suspect you have a lot more going on there than you're informing us. If you want help, you have to be as clear as you possibly can. Remember, we can't see what you can see and can't know things about your system that you know. All the information we have is what you tell us.

For example, just saying you have an error message. It could be a security error because you tried to login without permission. It could be a syntax error because of a typo. It could be that your backups are corrupt, so you restored a corrupt database and are still having problems. It could be a deadlock with some other transaction. It could be almost anything. See? So please, we're trying to help, but you've got to provide enough information for us to attempt to suggest useful answers.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1469169
Posted Monday, July 1, 2013 1:56 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Thank you everyone, I was able to take care of my problem,the only thing is when I run sql job for replication:here is the code:runs under Replication snapshot:

-Publisher [DB1] -PublisherDB [Home_database] -Distributor [DB1] -Publication [home_database] -DistributorSecurityMode 1

get error:The process could not retrieve information about the transactional/snapshot publication 'Home_Database'. The step failed.How can I fix it?

Thank you
Post #1469211
Posted Monday, July 1, 2013 3:51 PM

SSC-Forever

How did you 'take care of the problem'? What exactly have you done? What exactly is the situation? What exactly are you trying to do?

Gail Shaw

Post #1469229
Posted Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:16 AM
Ten Centuries

I restored a back to a new database.

Had to delete publication for replication otherwise couldnt delete bad database, Of that database from local publication. SQL job that was sat up for this publication is now failing. How can I re create ?

When I was able to restore back up, I delete it bad database and re name to the old name

Thank you
Post #1469436
Posted Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:48 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:48 AM
At a guess, you'll have to delete the job, create a new publication, and create a new job for the publication. Books Online should have the information you need.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1469460
Posted Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:25 AM
Ten Centuries

Before I delete it,is there way to find out what was execly replicating from one db to another? thank you
Post #1469486
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse