Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS report manager not rendering charts Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:36 PM
We have built out a new report server using SQL 2012. After deploying our new and old reports to this server, charts are not rendering. It doesn't matter whether viewing reports in a browser or attempting to export to PDF.

The following is what we see in Production:

However, we should be seeing something like this (from Report Manager in my dev environment):

This is happening with ALL of our charts. The data renders fine.

In production, we're using: SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard (64-bit)

On my dev environment. I have SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit)

Thanks!
ijidak
Post #1464818
Posted Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

I should specify my question... Anyone know why reporting would fail to render charts for any of my reports?

It seems like it would have to be some server configuration, but I'm surprised that everything else on the server renders just fine, but just the charts are broken. I'm using the chart controls that come with SSRS, not 3rd part controls.
Post #1464821
Posted Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:29 AM
Forum Newbie

I was able to resolve this. I had to do a repair install on SQL server. After that the charts worked fine. I saw someone else had this same problem and that resolved it for them. I also turned off hard drive compression. I'm not sure if that played a role.
Post #1465490
Posted Monday, March 17, 2014 3:12 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 4, 2014 9:35 PM
Restart the Report server.
Post #1551930
Posted Monday, March 24, 2014 10:26 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 4:13 PM
We had the same issue - just restarted the Report Server service after deploying the charts to resolve.
Thanks!
Post #1554120
Posted Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:57 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:58 AM
Thanks all. Restarting Reporting Service did the trick.
Post #1576886
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse