Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Introduction to DTS in SQL Server 2005 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 25, 2004 9:14 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:42 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/
Post #133934
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005 6:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, June 11, 2007 11:27 PM

An Excellent article. There is no way to struggle for any material. Artical is well formatted, well written with screen shots. Great work.

Thanx,

Sameer Dehalvi.

Post #157233
Posted Monday, January 24, 2005 7:05 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:42 AM

Thanks Sameer. Nice to see you liked the article.

Others, your comments are welcome.

Vinod Kumar

Post #157235
Posted Thursday, July 7, 2005 7:14 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:01 AM

Hi Vinod

The screen shots might need to be changed, as thos product is now called SSIS and not DTS

Thanks

PP

paul
Post #198422
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:35 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:00 PM

Vinod,

Good work . Its better to update the screenshots which refer to the name "DTS", as now there is nothing called DTS in SQL Server 2005, as you know its SSIS. I felt this change needs to be done, coz it might be confusing to a newbie.

Cheers..

Regards,
Sudheer 

My Blog

Post #224284
Posted Friday, February 10, 2006 8:47 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, May 23, 2014 12:09 PM

I agree with Sudheer, Its been a long time since Microsoft change the name to SSIS (In Beta 2 may be even late beta 1). So to show screen shots that no longer exist is a bit misleading for some folks.

Post #257559
Posted Monday, February 13, 2006 7:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, February 20, 2006 11:55 PM

It is an important artical.  Yet, it is written mostly for someone that olready know the components.

Amos

Post #257864
Posted Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:30 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:51 AM
In The article, the "Raw File Source" may need to be replaced with "Flat File Source". If I copy the content form event viewer to a text file and designate it as a "Raw File Source" in the Data Flow Diagram, SSIS gives an error. However the same text file works fine when designated as a "Flat File Source". In fact, you have mentioned it as a "Flat File Source" in the diagram in your example but in the paragraph above the diagram, you have mentioned it as "Raw File Source". May be it's a typo. However, the article is great, very informative and to-the-point. Great work.  

Kindest Regards,

M Suresh Kumar

Post #258436
Posted Friday, February 1, 2008 5:22 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:43 AM
Maybe for a programmer SSIS is a big improvement over DTS, but for a normal user who just wants to dump the data from a table, it's overly complicated.
Post #450406
Posted Friday, February 1, 2008 8:01 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 8:35 AM
I have to agree... Things I used to know how to do in DTS I find to be a major chore in SSIS. I miss DTS... Would have been happier if they had fully supported both. DTS for the simple stuff... SSIS when you need the raw muscle.

I know I can download the DTS designer component for SQL 2K5... but I would like to occasionally make new DTS packages and not just edit old ones.

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
Post #450507
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse