Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Where Do You Park? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:25 PM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:01 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Where Do You Park?

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #1168472
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 12:57 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:05 AM
I regularly work at two offices, and in both places I park in a position where I know I can get back out easily without having to make more than a single reversing manoeuvre! I don't usually have a problem with someone else taking "my" spot because there isn't usually anyone else in at my usual starting time of 7:15am...
Post #1168488
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:46 AM
Since I work in downtown area of the city local policy declares that maximum allowed time to park is 2 hours/per day. If you brake the rule penalty is very high so as a job perk we have private parking lot. Places in this lot are numarated so everyone know whoise space it is.

Al previous locaction i looked for firs available lot that didn't require a lot of manuvering when reversion out from parking lot. This was very important requirement since driving/parking culture in Croatia isn't very good so on ocasions it can happen that someone block your way out and you are stuck until next day
Post #1168512
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:35 AM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:49 AM
I park about a 20 minute walk from the office - why? To avoid punitive parking charges of approximately £130 per month! And it gives me a little exercise twice a day, and chance to catch up on my favourite podcasts. (SGU for one)
Post #1168528
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:27 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:28 AM
Back in the days B.T. (Before Telecommuting) I parked my motorcycle in the garage, in the half-stall left when they added the Handicapped spaces. Occasionally I would find it in use by the building maintenance staff, and have to park in a "triangle" spot. Everyone at work knew it was "my spot" and would comment on the "new" bike there when I would switch my ride (I owned 4 and borrowed 1...)

Now that I telecommute from many states away, I just park my behind on the chair! And the bikes are gathering dust for the moment. Soon, my pretties, soon we'll be together...

Here there be dragons...,

Steph Brown
Post #1168549
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:50 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:28 AM
We have three car parks at work, if you're early you get in the one closest to the building (a rarity for me!), reasonably on time you get in the middle distance car park (not too far away, and my normal carpark (in which I have my fave space)) and then there's the super late car park of shame. Hang your head...
Post #1168560
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:57 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
I ride a motorbike to work, and we have a special area for bikes so choice is somewhat limited.

But I park with a wall in front and to the left of me to be courteous, but I I love that a dent in the tarmac guides my front wheel into the same spot!
You're right too.. I do grumble if someone parks in "my spot"!
Post #1168565
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:58 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 3:58 PM
I park at the far side of the car park away from the river as it floods twice a year!
Post #1168566
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:01 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
richard.austin (9/1/2011)
car park of shame. Hang your head...

ha ha! I love that!
Post #1168567
Posted Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:21 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:15 PM
I always try and park in the same place, this place is always in a corner, next to a wall(s) (if possable) as these are usually slighty larger spaces.

I do notice that other people (some for the same office as me) have started to try and nick 'my' parking space (yes i'm talking to you with the blue Audi TT).

I like to look after my car (ok so i'm totally anal about my car and how clean and tidy it is) so i tent not to park next to scabby cars at any time.
Post #1168573
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse