Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Software Assurance Cuts Back Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 7:21 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Software Assurance Cuts Back

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1006018
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 2:08 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:36 AM
Unfortunately I did pay for this, never used it and now it look as if it will be taken away.

Perhaps MS will provide a refund to me...
Post #1006035
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 3:29 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
My company offers this, so does that mean that any licences that have been bought will be revoked or that we should get in there quick?
Post #1006057
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 4:26 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:28 AM
My company offered Office through this program. A couple of months ago, though, we were informed that anyone who'd bought the software through this program would no longer be covered and they had to uninstall and delete it from their home computers because Microsoft wasn't offering it that way any more.

Which sucked for people who'd spent money on the software. (I wasn't one of them.) If they wanted a copy of Office at home, they had to repurchase it at full price now.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1006089
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 4:28 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:11 AM
Bah - that sucks!
Post #1006090
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 6:51 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Friday, October 3, 2014 6:50 AM
I've taken advantage of the Home Use Program via my employer (US Air Force) a couple of times for Office (2007 and 2010) and Visio (2007 and 2010) but not the EPP. Those prices were way more than HUP. While I'm sure they were a lot lower than retail, it still wasn't a big enough carrot for me to bite at something I didn't absolutely need. It's a shame that the program is being cut though...

Post #1006179
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 7:08 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:48 PM
By enrolling in CE courses at the local college, we get insane discounts on most MS software. Since we get refunded by the company at the sucessful completion of a class, it's both education and software for the time spent to upgrade ones skills.

Post #1006186
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 7:17 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 31, 2011 12:05 PM
A recent change to our Enterprise agreement allows us to install Office at home "for a nominal fee", presumably to defray costs at my place of work. I use open source products for the little bit of (personal) work I do at home, and I've made it quite clear that if the company wants me to work at home, they can pay me to do so, and that includes the computer and any software it may involve. They don't use my car, they aren't using my computer or my software.
Post #1006194
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 7:19 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, February 21, 2014 8:14 AM
My employer offered this. It also included Microsoft branded hardware like the Xbox, mice, and keyboards. Most XBOX games are not made by MS so it didn't include any that I wanted.

However, from my perspective, I could buy it cheaper from a local retailer because it was the same price, but with MS I had to pay shipping.

The website sucked as well. No wonder no one took advantage of it. I figure with no one using it and the admin cost to maintain the crappy website, it was a no-brainer to ax it.

I did/do participate in the at home use program. That is sweet.

Regards,
Joe
Post #1006196
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010 7:57 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Today @ 1:31 AM
We've had a good take-up of the Microsoft Home Use Programme, the Dell Employee Purchase Scheme and the Hewlett Packard Employee Purchase Scheme but we've never offered the software assurance scheme because we've had MS-HUP.
Maybe it's just MS removing the lesser used scheme.
Post #1006225
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse