SQL Server Service Check Utility
I was ask to see if Full Text Search was installed on a development server one day. So after some manual work to collect this information I thought that maybe there could be a better way. So I wrote this script to help out.
Here is how this script could help you
- Determine the status of SQL server service(s) - running or not
- Determine if the service is installed or not
I have executed it on the following servers
- 32 bit and 64 bit
- SQL 2005 with SP3 - Stand alone and on multiple instances
- SQL 2008 with SP1 and SP2 - Stand alone and on multiple instances
- SQL 2008 R2 latest patches
Hope you find it useful.
Please vote as this helps in writing future scripts and article.
Thanks for your time,