In Windows 2003 failover clustering, Cluster nodes continuously putting details in log file on each node. This log is in readable plain text format & located in %SystemRoot%\Cluster folder on each node in the cluster and the name of the file is CLUSTER.LOG.
In Windows 2008, One of the major… Read more
Steps to restore SQL Server Master Database :-
1) Stop SQL Server Services
2) Add [-m] startup parameter in SQL Services from configuration manager
Parameter [-m] Starts SQL Server instance in single-user mode. SQL Server in single-user mode can connect with single user only and did not start CHECKPOINT process.… Read more
The Resource database is a read-only database that contains all the system objects. This DB included with SQL Server 2005 to increase security of system metadata. SQL Server system objects, such as sys.objects, are physically persisted in the Resource database, but they logically appear in the sys schema of… Read more
I suggest to have regular full backup of your system database along with user database. But if you do not have system database & your MSDB got corrupted then you have to rebuild it. You can do it by instmsdb.sql script comes with installation. It will result in loss of… Read more
Steps to install standalone SQL Server 2012 instance
1) Start the setup > Go to Installation from Left > Click on 1st option of New SQL Server standalone edition from right
2) Click Ok to cont., In case of any failure, you need to fix that first
3) Enter Product… Read more
Wishing you a very happy new year to you.
May this year bring success & happiness in your life.
Reference : Rohit Garg (http://mssqlfun.com/)
You can find and follow MSSQLFUN :-
Other Linked Profiles :-
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 73,000 times in 2014. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 3 days for…
The 5th cumulative update release for SQL Server 2014 RTM is now available for download at the Microsoft Support site. Cumulative Update 5 contains all the hotfixes released since the initial release of SQL Server 2014 RTM.
Those who are facing severe issues with their environment, they can plan to… Read more
Today, My one of friend come back from SQL DBA interview & share his review. One question about which he is looking for was “What is the use of RPC in cluster” ?
The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832017] system service is an interprocess communication (IPC) mechanism that enables data… Read more
Issue : I am facing error “The remote procedure call failed. [0x800706be]” while trying to view SQL Services from SQL Server Configuration Manager.
Steps I perform to resolve the issue, Seems to be a WMI error :-
1) If using Window Server 2008 & above, Run command from command prompt… Read more
Steps to remove node from failover cluster for SQL Server 2008 onwards :-
a) Same process will be used to remove node from failover cluster
b) Same process will be used when you left with only one node, this will clear cluster group as well
c) Old process… Read more
1. Do not change collation of TempDB from the SQL Server instance collation.
2. Do not change the TempDB database owner from sa.
3. Do not drop the TempDB database.
4. Do not drop or revoke the guest user from the database.
5. Do not change the recovery model from… Read more
The 13th cumulative update release for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 is now available for download at the Microsoft Support site. Cumulative Update 13 contains all the hotfixes released since the initial release of SQL Server 2012 SP1.
Those who are facing severe issues with their environment, they can… Read more
The 3rdcumulative update release for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 is now available for download at the Microsoft Support site. Cumulative Update 3 contains all the hotfixes released since the initial release of SQL Server 2012 SP2.
Those who are facing severe issues with their environment, they can plan… Read more
1) What is default port of Database Mirroring Endpoint?
Ans : 5022
2) Database Mirroring comes with which edition?
Ans: SQL Server 2005 SP1. Or SQL Server 2005 RTM with trace flag 1400
3) When I configure mirroring I’m receiving the below errror,
One or more of the server network… Read more
SQL Server Database Mirroring is fantastic HA solution developed by Microsoft. Microsoft lunch database mirroring with SQL Server 2005. Database Mirroring send logs to mirror from principle. We need to monitor Database Mirroring status continuously to ensure that everything is working fine. We can use MSDB.SYS.SP_DBMMONITORRESULTS system store procedure to… Read more
1. After connecting to the principal server instance, Right-click the database & go to properties. Select Mirroring from left side option.
2. Click Configure Security, Configure Database Mirroring Security Wizard welcome screen appears, click Next.
3. In the Include Witness Server dialog box, click Yes, and then click Next.
4.… Read more
SQL Server Database Mirroring keeps running all time to sync data between Principle & Mirror database. We need regular monitoring of Database Mirroring to ensure that everything is working fine.
We are monitor Database Mirroring by 2 ways :-
1) SSMS : Connect to Principle Server > Select Database >… Read more
Originally posted on MSSQLFUN:
Database Mirroring works on transaction logs. It applies transaction logs from Principle to Mirror. But Operation like addition of file is no log operation because of that file not be added to Mirror automatically.
Steps to Add Database File on Database involved in DB Mirroring…