Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Sql 2005 express security Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, August 7, 2010 7:20 AM
Hi, could somebody explain to me step by step how to attach these databases, I am going crazy.I am running Win 7, I downloaded the files but when I try to attach them I get error message 5 and 5123.It has to do with the new security which I cannot understand. If I take ownership of the Sql server, the Adventure works files and everything else involved I should be able to do it. No way, why the hell do they make it so difficult, at least they could have a good tutorial about it or are we supposed to become all scientist to run a stupid database.Thank you
Post #939970
Posted Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:53 AM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:28 AM
What action did you take immediately before getting the message?
Post #999061
Posted Thursday, October 7, 2010 10:54 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:41 AM
Error message 5 usually means Access Denied. this is probably because the account your SQL Service is running under doesn't have permissions to the location where the file is stored. This is a seperate userid from the one you logged into your box with. Take a look at your services list to see what the database engine credentials are and then give that account permissions to the directory where the files are located.
Post #1000713
Posted Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:18 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:40 AM
please send me the site through which i can download adventure works database 2008.
Post #1011768
Posted Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:21 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:40 AM
please provide me some complex queries using joins and sub queries and self join and corelated query and using some funtions.
Post #1011770
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse