Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase «««45678»»»

SQL Server System Report Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:12 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:26 AM
Points: 341, Visits: 682
It's pointing to the correct db mail profile and you changed the email address in the proc, correct?
Post #998830
Posted Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:22 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:59 AM
Points: 2, Visits: 323
Yes. I believe I figured out what the problem was. It just so happens that the 2008 servers are larger servers and therefore have more databases, indexes, etc. After confirming in the system views that the mail indeed showed "sent" I suspected it had something to do with the data itself so I changed the "body" to print "test" and it went through fine. I suspected that it may have been the size of the data in the @vBody variable so I commented out the "unused indexes" section and ran it again and it went through fine. I then tried changing it to send the output in an attachment with the parameter to allow for the longer length fields and it indeed erred out with a size limit. So, I believe the mystery is solved.
Post #998834
Posted Tuesday, October 5, 2010 6:10 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:26 AM
Points: 341, Visits: 682
Good news. Thanks for sharing the solution. :)
Post #998882
Posted Monday, October 11, 2010 8:05 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:39 AM
Points: 287, Visits: 208
Sean, love the report (but for me it doesn't produce anything for the scheduled SQL jobs recently run?).

You seem to have a list of improvements/additions from the various respondees, so any idea when the revamped version is going to arrive?

More power to the efforts put in by the likes of yourself, as sharing the 'tricks' of the trade all helps make our lives a lot easier.

Thanks.
Post #1002192
Posted Friday, October 15, 2010 9:34 AM


SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:18 AM
Points: 49, Visits: 350
Would it be possible to run this script from a "central server" and using Linked Servers collect data from remote servers?

SQL_Padre
aka Robert M Bishop

"Do or do not, there is no try" -- Yoda
Post #1005302
Posted Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:09 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:26 AM
Points: 341, Visits: 682
Unfortunately, it will likely be a while from now. I've recently changed jobs and on top of that I am expecting my first child in < 1 month. So, things are busy! But it's still on my radar, just no ETA. For the recent jobs run, you *may* have a process which clears the jobs out of the history tables fairly frequently (I had the same problem on one server I was working with... someone had setup a cleanup process to run every 5 minutes!). You may want to query these tables separately to see what they contain. Let me know if you need help, and thanks for the feedback!
Post #1005765
Posted Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:16 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:26 AM
Points: 341, Visits: 682
For sure. You would need to have all of your linked servers set up correctly, and then from there you could add an input parameter to the proc which would pass the linked server name and append it to the SQL code (some adjustments would need to be made to the code). Or, you could query all of the linked server names from the system tables and loop through, producing a report for each (again, modifications to the code would be needed). Let me know if this all makes sense. :)
Post #1005767
Posted Thursday, November 4, 2010 4:15 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 17, 2013 2:48 AM
Points: 21, Visits: 63
Sean

It would be really useful if you could add the path and fiilename of the database and log files to the Database Size (Summary) / Distribution Stats table, e.g. F:\dataorthwind.mdf.

George25
Post #1015758
Posted Thursday, November 4, 2010 4:24 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 17, 2013 2:48 AM
Points: 21, Visits: 63
Just read my last post. Not sure what happened to the text but what I wrote got garbled in the translation. What I meant was F:\data\dbname.mdf
Post #1015761
Posted Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:21 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:26 AM
Points: 341, Visits: 682
I was thinking of doing that, but I noticed an "issue" with a one-to-many relationship for tables that were partitioned to I opted to leave it out for the first version of the report. I think I will revisit it though. Thanks for the comment. :)
Post #1016270
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««45678»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse