Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Master Data Services - SSIS MDM Load Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:33 PM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 1:31 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Master Data Services - SSIS MDM Load

Ira Warren Whiteside
Post #869717
Posted Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:28 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:01 PM
I have a different, I think better definition of master data. To me, master data is the result of high value transactions. For example, if Starbucks messes up a coffee order, they dump it and try again. That's not a master data transaction. However, when they buy or lease a store location, trust me, they don't throw the real estate away if they mess up the transaction.

That's master data.

Anything else is fluff and marketing hype.
Post #875855
Posted Friday, May 21, 2010 3:56 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Today @ 4:23 AM
Hi,

If I have understood correctly your article shows how to populate the MDS staging tables.
From the staging tables(e.g., tblStgMember), how do I put the data into the actual MDS entities?

Regards.
Post #925794
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010 4:36 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:51 AM
That would be a Data Steward's job to commit the data after validating against the business rules.
Post #1009069
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse