Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Talking baseball Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:30 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 12:34 AM
I don't have that issue with my wife when it comes to sports. She isn't a real sports fan. She likes to root againt my team (football, Denver Broncos) just to irratate me, but it's no big deal to me.

Now, a few years ago, my oldest daughter was in tears when the Broncos beat the Packers to when the Super Bowl. She was rooting for them because I am a Bronco fan.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #835451
Posted Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:45 PM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
I was rooting for the Packers too. 2 Reasons Elway and Broncos - don't like either of them much.

It was a weird sort of feeling too, being a Bears fan.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #835477
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009 8:48 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:38 PM
If you check some of the user point levels, you'll see I'm a baseball fan. In fact, I've played adult baseball the last 4 years, starting in 2006. Love it, and root for the Rockies here in CO, Yankees out of state. I even got to the first World Series game in CO in 2007!

I do move trips around for sports and I've often slipped things a day or two early/late to see games. I've gone to Seattle early to see the Mariners/Seahawks. Both great stadiums up there. Saw the Yankees at home during the playoff run in '96, saw the Knicks at Madison Square Garden in '00, quite a few more. I'm aiming to get to all stadiums at some point for football/basketball/baseball and try to get to one a year somewhere.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #836395
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009 8:52 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:42 PM
Steve -- it was your user point level names that prompted me to start this thread in the first place! (Love your editorials, BTW!!!)

My sister-in-law lives in Denver, and I got to see a Rockies game at Coors field. We're going out there in September for her wedding; I'm hoping the Rockies will be playing at home when we're there!
Post #836403
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009 9:47 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
The only MLB park I have been to happens to be Coors Field. Rockies Pirates game about 5.5 yrs ago. That is a really nice ballpark with great atmosphere.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #836436
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009 9:55 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Camden Yards is a lot like Coors Field. They're both nice. I got to Fenway last year, which was an experience. Hoping to get to either the Royals or Pac-Bell next year.

Post #836447
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009 11:13 AM
SSCrazy

Camden Yards and Coors Field are both great ballparks! I also like Safeco Field in Seattle. SkyDome (now Rogers Centre) is also another interesting ballpark as well.

I also made it to the "new" Yankee Stadium this year (I've been to the "old" stadium more times than I can count), and I must say that I like what they did with it!

I also admit loving Fenway Park. I may not like the team that plays there (the Yankees' natural enemies), but I do love their ballpark. If you appreciate history and architecture, you probably would as well.
Post #836519
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009 5:00 PM

SSC-Dedicated

Safeco is cool. Kalen Delaney took me there a couple years ago, and we saw the roof close in the midde of an inning. The Arizona park is cool as well.

San Diego is OK, not great, and I've been to Wrigley, which is nothing special. Fenway looked cool, and I enjoyed the 7th inning stretch. Alas, my rooting for the Orioles to spoil the local night didn't work out, but it was a cool place to be. I'd walked around the park 3 times over the years, never having been there during baseball season. nice to finally get there.

I want to get to the new Yankee stadium sometime. We'll see when I get back east again.

Post #836725
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009 9:30 AM
SSCrazy

I always thought that the Green Monster looks smaller in person than does on TV. (And as a Yankee fan, I now cringe every time I hear Sweet Caroline!)

Anyone have any thoughts on this year's Hot Stove? The Phillies (seem to) have gotten stronger, and I think Seattle may have traded their way to the AL West pennant.
Post #837307
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009 9:45 AM

SSC-Dedicated

I thought all of Fenway looked small! It seemed surprisingly smaller than Coors Field, though I think all the open sky in Denver makes it large. Arizona seemed small as well.

I don't make any predictions now, other than either the Yankees or Red Sox will be in the playoffs :)

I've seen too many things change, even after the All Star break. The Rockies looked dead on July 4, and almost caught the Dodgers. The Yankees were 15 out a couple years ago in June and made the playoffs.

I think Seattle make a great trade in terms of pitching, saw them struggle to hit last year, so we'll see. I think MLB is getting a little more parity in some ways, with TX, LAA, SEA all competing in the West. The NL West flip flops constantly, and Tampa has looked good. If the Mets do anything, that will be a tough division, and despite St Louis seeming to dominate, MIL, CHIC, HOU all seem to be getting better.

I'd like to see them salary cap things and make it more of a game. I've always been a Yankees fan, but I'll admit it gets old when they are in the postseason every year and TOR isn't. Good to have the Red Sox competing with them. For years that felt like a joke, but it's a good thing when the Red Sox, and Dodgers compete.

Post #837331
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse