Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««129130131132133»»»

Talking baseball Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:15 AM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/18/2013)
I keep rooting for the Tigers. No dog in this fight, but never liked Boston.

If the Tigers bats don't wake up soon, you won't have anyone to root for...

Maybe the Tigers should try telling Jobu they're going to do it themselves...
Post #1506269
Posted Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:40 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:24 AM
Sorry Jobu, no need for you.
Boston and St. Louis in the big show. As a Boston fan I'm hoping for huge blowouts resulting in a 4-0 Red Sox series win. The close games just give me too much stress, I'm hanging on every pitch. I have my hopes that it won't be a close series but I know St. Louis didn't make it to where they are because they're an okay team.

Boston in 5 games
Here's to a great series!

Out of curiosity, are you all rooting for or against either team?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Forum posting etiquette. Get your answers faster.
Post #1507238
Posted Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:48 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:52 PM
I'm rather ambivalent, personally. I'll watch some innings just because it's the World Series...it is rather interesting to see the complete 180 that the Red Sox made, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
Post #1507241
Posted Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:09 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:25 AM
Cubs fan chiming in here. As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Cardinals have more of a complete team than the Sox do. I see St. Louis taking it in 5 or 6.
Post #1507249
Posted Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:23 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:34 AM
calvo (10/22/2013)
Out of curiosity, are you all rooting for or against either team?

I'm a Yankee fan. Need I say more?
Post #1507410
Posted Friday, October 25, 2013 6:39 AM
Ten Centuries

Game 1 was a stress free game for me. Wainwright wasn't the best and Boston scored early and was able to add to it in later innings.
Game 2 was a different story. Wacha was great for 6 2/3, he's got some pretty good stuff. Boston scored a couple then it just fell apart with a couple errors. I figured we would need to win one of these first two games and we would be good for the series. Heading to St Louis won't be easy but it's definitely doable.

Go Sox!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Post #1508435
Posted Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:43 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:11 AM
Haven't followed baseball much recently, but couldn't help seeing all the headlines over the Game 3 ending.

My $0.02: The BoSox catcher should have simply held the ball after making the first tag especially with 2 outs, bottom of the ninth. No throw, no missed catch, no call, no obstruction.

Post #1508694
Posted Monday, October 28, 2013 5:49 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:34 AM
Oakland A's fan here.. never been a fan of the evil empire after they got Rickey Henderson from us.

Sometimes I still feel that we are the farm system for every good team's pitching staff!!!
Post #1508820
Posted Monday, October 28, 2013 6:02 AM
Ten Centuries

lshanahan (10/27/2013)
Haven't followed baseball much recently, but couldn't help seeing all the headlines over the Game 3 ending.

My $0.02: The BoSox catcher should have simply held the ball after making the first tag especially with 2 outs, bottom of the ninth. No throw, no missed catch, no call, no obstruction.

Yeah, I feel it was probably the right call as much as I don't agree with it. They say they will revisit the rule and discuss intent, which they should, but now you're getting into how an umpire interprets the actions of a player. One more thing to heckle the officiating crew about.
I always take a breath when players throw to a base they're not use to throwing to, especially when they rush it. Pitcher throwing to first, catcher to third, pitcher to third it's always unnatural. Salty should have never thrown the ball.
Bogarts did a similar thing last night. Grounder to third with a diving stop. He rushed the play and didn't set his feet before throwing to first, ended up pulling Napoli off the bag and the runner had a stand-up double.

I've got a few more greys than I had a week ago.
Go Sox!

P.S. Have faith Newbie Jones, farm teams don't play in October.

Post #1508824
Posted Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:28 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:10 PM
Dislike the Red Sox heavily, but congrats to them for winning 3 in a decade. That's impressive.

With 2 more from the Cards, this was the decade of Red.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1510425
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««129130131132133»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse