Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Passed 70-448! Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:48 PM
congrats...!!
Thanks for share your experience with us.
Post #747518
Posted Friday, August 14, 2009 5:49 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:34 AM
Congratulations!!
That was good information.

Post #770823
Posted Friday, August 14, 2009 3:11 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 7, 2012 9:08 PM
Hey,
Congratulations!! I am also interested in certification exam.I am currently enrolled in database administration certification program through community college. I have a one question:Do you require any previous experience in database to give this exam or are you able to give this exam as a student?

Jalpa
Post #771346
Posted Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:45 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:48 PM
jpatel474 (8/14/2009)
Do you require any previous experience in database to give this exam or are you able to give this exam as a student?

No experience is required to take the exam, but it is required to pass the exam. It is very unlikely that you will pass the exam without at least having a test server to practice on.

Post #772844
Posted Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:00 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Friday, August 15, 2014 3:04 AM
Congrats, on passing.

Just curious on the mix of questions. Did integration services feature heavily, or was it pretty evenly matched across all the technologies.

My integration services isnt one of my strongest points, so I just wondering how indepth your knowledge of SSIS would need to be, to cover the questions that you had to answer. so many people consider themselves as "expert" in SSIS, and I find that doubtful to be honest, as SSIS is such a big product.

~Silverfox~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and
solve commonly asked questions

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden
Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw
How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw
Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw
Post #773359
Posted Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:41 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:48 PM
Silverfox (8/19/2009)
My integration services isnt one of my strongest points, so I just wondering how indepth your knowledge of SSIS would need to be, to cover the questions that you had to answer.

You definitely need to know the SSIS Transformations (Merge Join, Union All, etc.) and Tasks (Data Profiler, Execute Package, etc.) which you could learn from studying a book. You also need to know the SSIS structure of Control Flow versus Data Flow and which parts of the package are placed in each flow. In short, you should be able to design a moderately complex job from scratch before taking the test including the restartability and error handling features. Book learning will not be enough to answer all the SSIS questions correctly, but the test is evenly divided between SSIS, SSAS and SSRS so I assume it's only 33% of the score for the exam.

Do you know the CheckpointUsage options and what the colors red, green and blue indicate for precedence constraints? If you know these without research, then you have the depth of knowledge required for the exam.

I can't say much more than that without violating the NDA, but practice exams like those from Transcender will test you on the key SSIS topics. Good luck!

Post #774273
Posted Friday, August 21, 2009 7:30 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Friday, August 15, 2014 3:04 AM
Appreciate the information, I can do all that anyways. But nice to know.

Good Luck with any other certs you're doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and
solve commonly asked questions

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden
Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw
How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw
Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw
Post #775048
Posted Monday, August 31, 2009 12:46 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, March 7, 2010 9:14 AM
I have an accounting background and have been contemplating jumping into the BI realm. Is this self-study kit a plausible approach for someone who has only looked after the back end of enterprise software (mapping, configuration etc for specific reporting outcomes) and has a strong understanding of both accounting functions and how the process works within a database senario?

Any comments would be appreciated. While I live in a very large urban centre, courses in SQL 2008 are extremely limited at the moment.
Post #780153
Posted Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:07 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:07 PM
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the information which is very much helpful.

Do you think it's necessary to pass 70-452 as a BI Developer? Are you full time prepared the exam for 5 weeks? I am trying to figure it out how long it will take me for preparation.

Have you ever evaluated the Microsoft 70-448 Exam http://www.testking.com/70-448.htm What do you think?

Thank You!
Slu
Post #813862
Posted Friday, November 6, 2009 10:47 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:41 AM
I'm a DBA having worked extensively with SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
I'm considering getting certification on SQL server.Which particular certification would be best for me in terms of future job prospects?
I was considering going for the SQL Server 2005 certification but at the same time I hear alot of conversations about 2008.Which one would you
recommend?

Thanks,

Z
Post #815080
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse