Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

DTS Error --- Error string: The file exists Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 27, 2009 8:17 AM
I have developed a DTS job which is running fine if execute it by right clicking on it. But whenever I schedule it as a job to be run later, I am getting the below error message.

Executed as user: IUSER\BTIS0402. DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147024816 (80070050); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The file exists. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 713. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

What could be the possible reason for this? I searched a lot in web but in vain
Post #687931
Posted Wednesday, April 1, 2009 11:38 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 12:34 PM
Maybe you could provide some information about what the package does? Where the error might be.

If you have a file exists, have you checked for that?

The execution on the server takes place in the context of the server, so the SQL Agent account, it's drive mappings, etc. When you run it from your workstation, it's running from there, not the server.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #688227
Posted Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:27 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Please find the attached pic of the DTS.

Functionality -
----------------
1) Truncate all the temporary tables at starting point of the execution

2) Source file path is given of the CSV file which will be received every after 5 mins from interface system. File will be moved once loading is finished so file path directory is always empty when the DTS is being executed.

3) File will be loaded in in database using transformation task

4) Once file is loaded P_VDMT_EXTRACT stored procedure will be executed which is responsible for some data manipulation and population of output extract table.

5) If the stored procedure throws any error then error output extract file will be generated ( LEFT SIDE ) otherwise output extract file will be generated taking data from output extract table via transformation task (RIGHT SIDE).

Now I am getting the error in step 1 itself.

Post Attachments 
DTPpic.jpg (19 views, 21.95 KB)
Post #688651
Posted Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:37 AM
Grasshopper

FYI This DTS jobs are running fine earlier. But few days back the SQL agent account has been changed and stopped working and showing the mentioned error message. Not sure how this is possible !!!

I then chased the DBA guy and but as per him, the SQL agent a/c has sufficient permission to access the drive from where the input CSV file is being picked up for loading.

What could the other reasons for this error message. Surprisingly I couldn't find a single entry in google regading this error type. Am I the first person who is facing such problems???
Post #688661
Posted Monday, April 6, 2009 10:05 AM
Grasshopper

Dose anyone has any answer ?
Post #691201
Posted Tuesday, April 7, 2009 7:00 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:02 AM
Did you try logging in to the network as the SQL Server Agent account (may need to involve your DBA), right clicking the job, and see if it runs? If it does, than it is not a permission issue, and may be a problem similar to what I have seen (where a scheduled job "loses" the proxy user it was trying to run as, and instead runs as anonymous). If it doesn't, then your DBA is mistaken and the account does not have sufficient permissions.
Post #691944
Posted Monday, April 13, 2009 2:11 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:26 PM
Hi,
I am the second person who faced similar issue with DTS pacakge with the same error message.
===========================
Execution failed with the following error: "ERROR : errorCode=-2147024816 description=The file exists.
helpFile=dtsmsg.rll helpContext=0 idofInterfaceWithError={8BDFE893-E9D8-4D23-9739-DA807BCDC2AC}".
===========================
I am running this using shell script.
I also had extensive search ion web but no use.
Any thoughts on how to solve this?
Any help or info is really really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Post #695586
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:25 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:26 PM
Does any one have any details on this? please help in resoving this?

Thanks in advance
Post #696384
Posted Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:41 AM
Grasshopper

Hi Timothy,

I have checked with the help of DBA for both SQL Agent a/c & my personal a/c. DTS is running fine whenever i am running it manually by clicking "Execute" option. But getting error when i am scheduling it as a job

See the error message --

The job failed. The Job was invoked by User IUSER\602336842. The last step to run was step 1 (ISDN30 - VDMT Extract Generation 1 2).

Executed as user: IUSER\BTIS0402. DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147024816 (80070050); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The file exists. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 713. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

What could be the possible for this?
Post #697374
Posted Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:42 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:02 AM
Can you provide some additional detail as to the steps within your DTS package?
Post #697594
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse