Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Guest Editorial: Managing their expectations Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:16 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 10, 2014 8:11 AM
Complaints about the usability and reliabilty of the HMS Titanic were responded to with the notice: 'Functions as desgined.' :)
Post #649191
Posted Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:52 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:18 AM
It's easy now to look back and say we would have done different. We can learn from things like the Titanic but unfotunately a lot of those people did not have the opportunity to correct their own mistakes 'cause they died.
I have had my Titanic moment when I started developing business systems and the first time it ran at the clients' company. A user came to me and told me of a bug in my system and I said: "Impossible! There cannot be a bug in this sytem!" Well, I fell flat on my face and had to apologize. Fortunately my system wasn't a boat that could sink and people lose their lives.

Manie Verster
Developer
Johannesburg
South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)
Post #649421
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse