Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL School Video - Creating Stored Procedures Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:29 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL School Video - Creating Stored Procedures

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Post #542381
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:50 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 12:06 PM
Very nice intro to stored procs... outstanding video, too! Great job, Brian.

Is it "Smart TV" that allowed you to create such a beautiful performance? If not, what did you use because with the "expanding red circle" attentention getter, the yellow highlighter, and the ability to quick pan and zoom, I think that's one hell of a great product and, if my meager budget allows it, I wouldn't mind buying a copy!

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #542506
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:37 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:29 PM
I use a combination of a tool called Zoomit (free from SysInternals.com) to zoom in and out. Camtasia does all the recording with the highlighted cricle and click actions.

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Post #542539
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:55 AM
SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:06 AM
Good item for starters, Brian. My only thought is you should have explained that you can submit values in variable order without specifying the names and that you can submit them in any order as long as you specify the variable name. And you might have want to go ahead and demonstrate default values and demonstrate the difference in what happens with and without them.

Post #542589
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:10 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:11 AM
Great video. I wish I would have seen something this simple years ago when I had to start writing and maintaining SPs. Something interesting I did not know is that you can execute the SP without EXEC (or EXECUTE); although I'll keep using EXEC since it gives that warm fuzzy feeling that I'm actually doing something.
Post #542606
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:07 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:46 AM
Wonderful video, excellent stuff....

Post #542820
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:38 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 11:54 AM
Brian Knight (7/29/2008)
I use a combination of a tool called Zoomit (free from SysInternals.com) to zoom in and out. Camtasia does all the recording with the highlighted cricle and click actions.

Yeah, Zoomit is a cool little tool. Very lightweight and very easy to use.

-- RBarryYoung, (302)375-0451 blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung
Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
"Performance is our middle name."
Post #542909
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:02 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:40 AM
The tool used to make the video is cool. Also, great learning stuff for the beginners.

Atif Sheikh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.

You can check my BLOG here

Post #543174
Posted Monday, September 26, 2011 11:41 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:49 PM
Great Video...well explained
Post #1181495
Posted Friday, February 22, 2013 2:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, February 25, 2013 2:19 PM
Very great video as I am very green with SQL. I was able to recreate using my database, however I am unable to use the = to get items that were entered on a specific date. Does this only work using the > or < symbols.
Post #1423267
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse