Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

How do I limit user access to certain time of day Expand / Collapse
Author
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:40 AM
In a full Active Directory environment, you can define the "Logon Hours" for a particular user (found under the [Account] tab in ADUC).

With local logon (no AD) I don't think you can restrict a user to specific times (unless you use logon scripts, which would get messy).

I do like the ability to use a Logon Trigger in 2005 though, in this context it seems a smarter solution.
Post #546565
Posted Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:32 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 8:02 AM
You can simply use SET QUERY_GOVERNOR_COST_LIMIT in the login trigger. You can check the currenttime of the server in the trigger and if it falls in your peak hours, set the option.

This option is used to specify an upper limit on the time period in which a query can run. Query cost refers to the estimated elapsed time, in seconds, required to complete a query on a specific hardware configuration.

See the following link For details...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190419.aspx

Atif Sheikh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.

You can check my BLOG here

Post #546593
Posted Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:55 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:02 AM
With SSRS 2005 you can create reports that load from cached data, and create scheduled subscriptions to create the cached data. Knowledgable users can get around this, but it is the method that we are currently using to limit report request processing time.
Post #547674
Posted Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:13 AM
I know this thread has been inactive for 2 years but someone may need a solution and find his/her way here and I just found something that might be of help:

http://sqlsalt.blogspot.sg/2012/03/limit-instance-access-by-time-and-day.html

HTH!
Post #1450471
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse