Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

You are a database administer for a multi-national... Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:42 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item You are a database administer for a multi-national...

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #490202
Posted Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:28 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 31, 2014 6:28 AM
The best way could be send the date in ANSI format: yyyy-mm-dd
Post #490203
Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 1:19 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 5:43 AM
very godd question..
looking for the solution of this from a long time

Post #1371920
Posted Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:08 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:45 AM
SET Language doesn't solve the problem. Currencies are probably different too, and that is going to have to be deal with. Of the options offered, a staging table will definitely work whereas setting language might work if you are lucky and date format is the only issue.

Tom
Post #1420971
Posted Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:37 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 10:12 AM
Ric Sierra (4/24/2008)
The best way could be send the date in ANSI format: yyyy-mm-dd

I agree except it should be YYYYMMDD. The dashes aren't actually part of ISO or ANSI.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1420991
Posted Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:40 AM

SSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 10:12 AM
L' Eomot Inversé (2/17/2013)
SET Language doesn't solve the problem. Currencies are probably different too, and that is going to have to be deal with. Of the options offered, a staging table will definitely work whereas setting language might work if you are lucky and date format is the only issue.

I agree. For the given problem, even just setting the date format would work. Even though the two languages are very similar, there are going to be other things to consider. This is why I don't go for certification... since I would actually consider the best answer to load a staging table and massage the data, I had to make a choice between what I thought the author of the question was looking for and what the actual correct answer is.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1420992
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse