Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Script to apply pending logs Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:24 PM
I am looking at the backupset view/table ; My aim is to regenerate the SQL statements to apply the archivelogs at the STANDBY; The name column is showing blank. How do i find the name of the file; Order by first_lsn gets me the required order.

TIA
Post #470584
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:32 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, July 11, 2014 2:59 PM
TIA.

1) I think you are posting an oracle database question in sql server world :P
2) This is not a fundemental question..:)

Reshadit@hotmail.com
Post #472627
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:47 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:24 PM
It does not matter if this is Oracle or Sybase related. The question is how to get the answer.
Post #472628
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:06 PM
If you want help with a query, it would help if you posted the actual code of the query.

Post #472670
Posted Sunday, March 23, 2008 12:19 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, July 11, 2014 2:59 PM
GK,

With all do respect it definetly matters. It matters on how successful you will be in searching for your answer. What I meant by my post was if you have oracle or sybase the chance of you getting the answer you need is not probable.

Again,

1) You are on a SQL Server microsoft realated which does the same things but differently.
2) This is not a fundamental question, it would be a slight more difficult question.

To help you get your answer that you are looking for(Which I presume since you have not recieved a posting) I would first and upmost find an oracle or sybase forum (Perhaps even a diverse forum for all databases. This will increase your chances of finding your 'answer'.

Thanks,

ReshadIT@hotmail.com
Post #473287
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse