Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Unspecified error MS visual database tools Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:36 AM
Hi, i am using sql server management studio 2005 express, and every time i try to open a table in a database i receive this message

"Unspecified Error (ms visual database tools)"

And i can't open the table. Any one can help me? What could be this problem?

Thank you.
Post #416551
Posted Tuesday, March 4, 2008 11:20 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:29 PM
I too am having this issue. It has only started today and I have tried restarting my PC as I thought it may have been an issue with my current session, but continued after. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brendan Hargie
Post #464218
Posted Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:45 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:05 PM
Hi Increase the no of connections.By default it is 5
right click sql server instance and go to property
from there click connections tab
and increase user connections connected to sql server instance
you can also use sp_configure stored procedure
Post #475064
Posted Monday, August 4, 2008 11:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:41 PM
I'm having the same issue. The application can connect read and write to the databaae but when I want to see the table data via Visual Database Tools. I get 'Unspecified Error'. I've increased the number of consurrent connections permitted but this makes no difference.

I think it's to do with the drivers. I recently uninstalled SSEE 2005 and installed developer edition 2005.

I then got the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I then installed the following from the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack RC0, June 2008 (as advised by http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3559219&SiteID=17)

"SQLSysClrTypes
SharedManagementObjects
sqlncli10

These features can be downloaded from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=089A9DAD-E2DF-43E9-9CD8-C06320520B40&displaylang=en"

I am now getting the 'Unspecified Error'.

Can anyone help / advise.

Thanks
Post #546240
Posted Monday, September 22, 2008 9:39 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2008 9:36 AM
I, too, am having this problem. I was working just fine with this database last week, but now I can't even open a table. The only major install was Subversion, but I can't see that being a problem.

Looks like I might have to do the whole reinstall thing which doesn't make me happy. And here I thought these tools were supposed to make me more productive. WTF???????
Post #573639
Posted Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:08 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:00 AM
I am haviving this issue too. "Unspecified error MS visual database tools" when attempting to open a table in Management Studio with SQL 2005 express.

Anybody can give suggestions?

I am looking in Microsoft archieves but I did not find anything yet. If anybody found an article or a resolution or whatever else please let me know.
Thank you
Post #621785
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:37 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:14 AM
This seems to be caused by IE7 and DNS issues. On a workgroup SQL Server, attaempting to connect to a database (using hostname) would end up with unspecified error: MS Visual Database Tools. Using IP address, instead, it goes away. Alternatively, using IE6, it goes away.

this is a widespread issue & MS don't seem to acknowledge it

Post #697175
Posted Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, March 29, 2013 8:34 AM
I try to access sql server 2008 form my local machine , it's normal to login but whenever i open any object i get the same error .

Post #710471
Posted Monday, May 11, 2009 3:09 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:13 PM
Just out of curiosity, had anyone else had this problem with IE8? Or it is just IE7?

-- Kit
Post #714541
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010 5:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 22, 2010 5:08 AM
I am having this error in Mozilla fireforx 3.0.8 and it comes only when I try to open table of my remote server or try to design it. Any help out there.
Post #887274
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse