Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Backup SQL Server Database with Move/Copy File Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, September 23, 2007 9:29 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:57 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Backup SQL Server Database with Move/Copy File

Marvin Dillard
Senior Consultant
Claraview Inc
Post #401817
Posted Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:23 PM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Saturday, August 25, 2012 9:48 PM
hi,
its soo helpful script for me. so simple to run. really appreaciatable.

thx
sreejith
MCAD
Post #446642
Posted Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:33 AM
somebody pls explain step by step to me to use this query. because i have to set back on a network computer. i dont know how to use this. but it seems very help full

VENKAT
Post #527851
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009 6:48 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, October 9, 2009 8:37 AM
Marvin,
Thank you So much for the script, this is so helpful. I have one question, if you can provide some suggestion. I have to backup all the databases but I do not have enough disk space on my local to do them all at a time is there a way to backup one database, move the .bak file and then backup the next one. My question is how can you make sure the move/copy was successful before you delete the bakup file on the local and backup the next one.

Thanks
Shri
Post #665679
Posted Friday, May 1, 2009 8:55 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Shri
I sent you a new script. Let me know if that works for you
MD

Marvin Dillard
Senior Consultant
Claraview Inc
Post #708502
Posted Friday, July 3, 2009 2:25 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:38 AM
sreejith and all,

Please i really need your assistance asap on how to use this script if you don't mind.
I'll be really greatful if i can get some assistance on how exactly to use this sript.

He mention something about not forgetting to set the local drive path and network share for each backup in the backupretention table. (Is this after the script has been run for the first time or before it's run at all?

Also remember, to set the relocation action of copy or move. (Not sure how to do this too)??? Guys am new on the job please help!!!:
Post #746860
Posted Monday, August 17, 2009 1:55 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:01 AM
Hi Marvin
Could you please also send me the script to backup one database at a time like Shri asked for or post it here. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lynn
Post #772227
Posted Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:38 PM
SSC Veteran

Sorry

Been busy and haven't been around on a regular basis, let me know if you still need it and I will dig it out.

Thanks

MD

Marvin Dillard
Senior Consultant
Claraview Inc
Post #836080
Posted Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:26 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:27 PM
Hi,

Great job, I was develop a symilar way, but encounter error whem copy to network drive.

I was set the permissions to everyone, change the user for SQL Agent, try to put this user in Administrator Group and nothing.

Always the job in sql command say:

move /Y \\backup\aaaa_20100927.bak \\192.168.10.1\BACKUPS\bbbb.bak
output
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Access is denied.

Any Ideas?
Post #994721
Posted Monday, December 5, 2011 2:03 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:32 AM
can you explain me how to run this SP .
I am trying to run but nothing is happeing even though saying execute successfully .

Aim to inspire rather than to teach.
SQL Server DBA
Post #1216680
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse