Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Prizes Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:40 AM
You DBAs getting lost or want to try out the spatial data types in 2008

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #379612
Posted Friday, July 6, 2007 10:11 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:45 AM
Nice idea Steve, a trip in space would be a great space for any geek .
Post #379637
Posted Friday, July 6, 2007 10:16 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Today @ 10:37 AM
While it may be politically incorrect for an MS conference, Nintendo Wiis are still hard to get ones hands on and seem to be generally popular.

Post #379639
Posted Friday, July 6, 2007 10:59 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:58 PM

Wal-Mart has a prepaid cell phone for $40 and it comes with 300 minutes. Add a 1500 minute card and 1 year of service to it for a complete package.

So now you put that other business related cell phone on silent and leave it behind someplace (hotel room?) and still be able to talk to your better half when you want.

And you can honestly say that you indeed had your cell phone on!

Prepaid movie passes from Costco?

Gift card to the Ultimate Taste Combo from Lou Malnati pizza in Chicago. http://www.tastesofchicago.com/category/40

And for the DBA with everything, a donation made to the American Red Cross in the recipients name and they get the tax donation benefit.

Maybe an all expense paid trip via your Prius to your ranch to shovel out your horse barn. Hey, you deserve to win something too!

Post #379649
Posted Friday, July 6, 2007 2:13 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:55 AM
Cash is the best prize. BTW do we need to report to IRS?
Post #379702
Posted Friday, July 6, 2007 4:55 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:26 AM
How about a moderately fast used P3 or P4 laptop? Bob Johnson.com has some pretty good deals. And if we happen to own something better (I'm using the group 'We' as I doubt that I'll be attending), we can always give it to a kid or a charity.

Until it lost half of its memory, I had a ThinkPad T23 running XP Pro, SQL Server 2000/2005 (depending on when) on 256 meg of ram and it was pretty responsive.
Post #379724
Posted Friday, July 6, 2007 7:59 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 9:16 AM
Several vendors gave out Wiis at TechEd. Personally, I have one and I wouldn't even consider trading it for a 360 or PS3.

I do like P_Jones' idea for a nice prize to pass on to the spousal unit. I am already catching hell from the little lady if I so much as mention it!

Sorry I don't have any original ideas but I will throw in some more votes for the GPS and the laptop. Maybe a nice tablet PC with 12" screen and core 2 duo. I have seen them for under $2,000

Bryant E. Byrd, BSSE MCDBA MCAD
Business Intelligence Administrator
MSBI Administration Blog
Post #379730
Posted Sunday, July 8, 2007 7:34 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:26 PM

I was going to go for the provision of flights & accommodation so that I can come from Australia to get to the event - but then the suggestion of a track day with some half-decent cars sounds like a damn fine idea as well...

The closest I get to a track day is taking the Mustang out there.... but it hasn't run for 4 years and the motor is sitting on a stand beside it....   Man I miss driving that car...

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Post #379829
Posted Monday, July 9, 2007 3:25 PM

SSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:56 PM
LEGO NXT!!!

Hehee
Post #380096
Posted Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:58 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 10:40 AM
A Garmin sounds interesting and maybe some Legos

I'll probably get 2-3 nice prizes and then let the winners pick. Don't forget to use the SSC source code when you register!

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #380222
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse