Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Server Licensing Resources Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:56 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/sjones/sqlserverlicensingresources.asp

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #3061
Posted Tuesday, November 25, 2003 2:36 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 16, 2011 11:21 AM
Is there a requirement to use per processor for a sql2k failover cluster installation? I understand the active/passive peice... I just can't find any reference to being able to use CALs for clustering.

I'm going to recommend against it but I want to cover the bases.

Post #29954
Posted Tuesday, November 25, 2003 5:28 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:56 PM
Good question. I'm not sure. Everything I've seen on CALs is based on the types of connections. If you're completely internal, I don't think that you need to buy per CPU licenses.

Steve Jones
sjones@sqlservercentral.com
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/sjones
The Best of SQL Server Central.com 2002 - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/bestof/
www.dkranch.net

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #29955
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:54 PM
hello, i have something to ask...

Our company is planning to migrate to VB.net and database to SQL Server. (our system and database currently is VFP). We are in outsourcing business and one of our service is installing a program in client's workstation. This program is a clone of our main program that would generate reports for them. We update the data by sending them the dbf every now and then. Now if we migrate to Vb.net and sql server, (1.) do we need also to install sql server to our clients so that we can still give them a program that would generate reports for them????.(2.) do we need to purchase cals for every client(as now, we have over 100 clients) (3.) Could anyone give me an idea or link or anything that would help me understand how VB.net and sql will work together?? and lastly (4.) any tips for a newbie like me hehe thx in advance
Post #578810
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse