Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Controlling Jobs Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 7, 2006 3:19 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:07 PM
Joe,

Thanks for the article and the technique. I like the idea and think it will work well in a number of situations.

I am unsure why 'Herb' is attacking the subsequent contributors though. Surely discussing the pro's and con's of various ways of tackling the issue adds to the value of the article.

It also may provide feedback on con's the author had not thought of.
I personally like the technique above but it does not ensure the last task completes which is sometimes required.
Post #306835
Posted Thursday, September 7, 2006 10:09 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:59 PM

An open discussion can bring out many good things.  Herb is OK though.  It is right to question everything.  Even the forum process.  Questions are the things that spur research.

We all have ideas.  Some good, some not so good.  It is by putting forth the ideas that we see if they can stand and walk on their own (like children).  We can openly debate ideas and techniques.  We must not debate people.  If some one is out of line, that should be handled one-on-one and off line.  I don't see anyone out of line here.

Outside phycists and cosmologists we IT folk have just about the most free and open discussions of any group that I have been part of.

ATB

Charles Kincaid

Post #307008
Posted Thursday, September 7, 2006 10:47 AM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Saturday, October 18, 2014 7:52 AM

OK guys - thanks for your input on that subject.

Anyone have anything else to discuss on the article?

Post #307022
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse