Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase ««12

sp_send_dbmail truncates when attaching query results. Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:54 AM


SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:35 AM
Points: 815, Visits: 2,643
I see a connect item has been logged

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/850260/sql-2014-sp-send-dbmail-64kb-query-result-limit




The SQL Guy @ blogspot

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me
Post #1592499
Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:21 AM


SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:35 AM
Points: 815, Visits: 2,643
I did some investigation and found the problem, XPStar.dll contains a bug.

File Version 2014.120.2000.8
Product Version 12.0.2000.8
Size 409 KB

As a workaround, and the method I used to prove my findings, was to copy XPStar.dll from my 2012 instance and replace the file on my 2014 instance (after backing up of course). After restarting SQL Server the issue was solved.

By default the 2012 location is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn

and the 2014 location is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.SQL2014\MSSQL\Binn




The SQL Guy @ blogspot

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me
Post #1592978
Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:36 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:30 AM
Points: 1,213, Visits: 3,540
Sean Pearce (7/16/2014)
I did some investigation and found the problem, XPStar.dll contains a bug.

File Version 2014.120.2000.8
Product Version 12.0.2000.8
Size 409 KB

As a workaround, and the method I used to prove my findings, was to copy XPStar.dll from my 2012 instance and replace the file on my 2014 instance (after backing up of course). After restarting SQL Server the issue was solved.

By default the 2012 location is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn

and the 2014 location is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.SQL2014\MSSQL\Binn

Good stuff, thanks for this.

XPStar.dll was my main suspect, other changes between the two versions looked irrelevant to the problem (discarding openxml, defaulting return values etc..)

Post #1592980
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse