Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Approach to use existing report with new data Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:12 PM
If I use the same column names in my underlying database tables, is it possible to use them in an existing report to refresh data for new quarter without wiping out my existing reports? The reports took a long time to set up so I hope I can do this. If it is, can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance. I think is is probably a basic concept but I'm having a mental block.

Post #1580295
Posted Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:50 PM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
If I use the same column names in my underlying database tables, is it possible to use them in an existing report to refresh data for new quarter without wiping out my existing reports? The reports took a long time to set up so I hope I can do this. If it is, can you please point me in the right direction?

If you mean "can I base two tablixes on the same dataset but apply different filters to each one", then yes. You just right-click the tablix, select Filters, and change the filter. Since the two tablixes are different, they don't have to have the same filters applied.
Post #1580346
Posted Friday, June 13, 2014 10:00 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:12 PM
Thank you "Say Hey Kid". I hadn't originally planned on using another tablix because I only wanted to display the current data but I can definitely use your idea. Thanks again.
Post #1580604
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse