Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

how to copy SSIS variables into excel Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 2, 2014 7:13 AM
HI,

I have SSIS package with 60 variables i need name, type and value information in excel sheet from variable window. I am not able to do copy paste from variable window. Is there any way ?

Thanks in advance.

Post #1576562
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 7:08 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:34 PM
If you open/edit the dtsx (in say notepad++) and then search for <DTS:Variables> you can take that entire section. You'll need to do reformating to make it work nicely in Excel.

Alternatively, you could write a little script task that looks at the current package and iterates through the variables and writes them to a text file. Only potential issue is not having the task in a scope that let's it see all the variables in the package.

Steve.
Post #1576568
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 7:14 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, June 2, 2014 7:13 AM
thanks for your reply. I had copy it and save it as xml but i dont have xsd file so i can directly use in SSIS package. any idea how to create xsd file or directly load from xml file.
Post #1576570
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 8:02 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:34 PM
if you're now trying to use the copied out xml (from within the package), then try saving it as an xml file, ensure you have root element in there, and SSIS should offer to build an xsd for you.

have you tried simply opening the xml fragment in excel?

Steve.
Post #1576597
Posted Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:18 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, December 15, 2014 3:09 AM
Use a script task. Iterate over the variables and write the relevant information in a file.

Regards/Raunak
Now a member of Linkedin

Please visit the all new Performance Point Forum
Please visit the all new Data Mining and Business Analytics Forum
Post #1577625
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse