Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Coupling Outlook to SQL Server Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 2, 2005 11:47 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 3:32 PM
The script posted above will open a window that will allow you to select any folder (public folders, inbox, folders within inbox, etc). Then give you the store and entry IDs of whatever you selected.

Post #159150
Posted Wednesday, February 2, 2005 2:55 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

In case anyone is interested, here are a couple of websites for Outlook developers:

http://www.OutlookCode.com
http://www.Slipstick.com

Post #159196
Posted Thursday, May 5, 2005 10:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:55 AM

I saw this artice, and am trying to figure out how to go in reverse.

I have a simple SQL server database table, and I want to update the outlook contact list with some contact info that is in the SQL table.

Is there an easy way to do this. I have seen genius connect, but what I am doing is only copying contacts over, not all of hte other outlook components, so 700.00 for 5 people to copy from sql server to outlook seems a little extreme..

thanks

tim

Post #180270
Posted Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:15 AM
SSC Veteran

Check out this article:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1441931

Post #181104
Posted Wednesday, March 1, 2006 4:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 5, 2013 3:45 AM

It is an Outlook Add-on for sync with SQL Server and other ODBC databases.
Post #262546
Posted Monday, April 3, 2006 12:23 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:53 AM

Your article is very good. However, when I run your code in my DTS package, Logon Box prompted. So I should enter password to run through. Then how can I make it a scheduled job and run it automatically? A job cannot take input as far as I know.

Thank you very much,

Augustine.

Post #270641
Posted Wednesday, April 5, 2006 7:26 AM
SSC Veteran

>Your article is very good. However, when I run your >code in my DTS package, Logon Box prompted. So I >should enter password to run through. Then how can I >make it a scheduled job and run it automatically? A >job cannot take input as far as I know.

Assuming the logon box your seeing isn't the DTS owner or user password (in which case Save As and clear those two password textboxes).
That will probably only happen if the user doesn't have privileges to outlook. Couple of possibilities: Are you using windows auth when accessing sql server? Does that user have access to outlook? What user is sql server using to run? Does that user have access to outlook?

Post #271246
Posted Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:53 AM

Yes, I use windows auth accessing sql server. That user, I, have access to outlook. SQLserver user is the same as that of window user because it uses the windows auth. Here actually, outlook, sqlserver and windows uses all the same windows authentication.

Thanks,

Post #272817
Posted Friday, January 30, 2009 4:35 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:28 AM
Terry, this is exactly what I need. Thanks. Important question for me: The Outlook application you are connecting to is actually on the SQL Server box itself, correct? That is, your code does NOT access the Outlook application on the box of the person that might execute this DTS package. Am I correct?

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application")
Set mNameSpace = objOutlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
Post #646777
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse