Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Question about recruiters Expand / Collapse
Author
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, November 9, 2014 7:49 AM
I'm definitely in the job hunting market (not sure if that's the correct way to put it or not), but I've got a question/issue with recruiters. (I hope that on this forum I'm speaking more to my colleagues than to recruiters.)

Whenever I deal with recruiters I always get the same line, "I've got several contract positions available." Maybe 3 months. Maybe 6. None better than that. Some offer contract to hire positions, but given my family situation I really need full-time, permanent. I need benefits from day 1 or at the very least within a month or so of starting. The other thing that really irritates me about recruiters is what I call a used car salesman approach. Most of the time it's "Make a decision now!", "Can you interview in NYC tomorrow?" (I live in the southwest.). Or the worst was, "If you vacillate on a position I send you're way, then you're only building a reputation as a difficult person to work with. No other recruiters will want to have anything to do with you." Personally, I hate these kind of treatments, especially the last one. I can't speak for all of you, but I'm the type of person who needs to weigh all of the options, learn as much as I can about a position (and company and the other co-workers), think about it (and yes, even pray about it), until I reach a reasoned conclusion. No, I won't take months, but yes I will take longer than 1 day. Probably a few days, maybe even a week.

Those of you who are also in the job market, can you tell me, is this the way it is with recruiters?

Kindest Regards,

Rod
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Post #1567185
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse