Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

All the 3 jobs are running successfully but Restoration in Secondary server is not happening Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:44 AM
What about the rest of my suggestion?
Post #1561381
Posted Monday, April 14, 2014 3:10 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, August 18, 2014 2:48 AM
Hi Sir.
Am checking that one sir i will let u know asap.

Regards
Jagadeesh...
Post #1561383
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:44 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, August 18, 2014 2:48 AM
Hi Sir,
Can please Elaborate the above Step.
I have observed that restore job is not running and showing the following error message but when i checked that all the transaction getting Restored even though...

2014-04-16 13:00:00.64 Could not find a log backup file that could be applied to secondary database 'TestDB'.

PFA...

Post Attachments 
couldnotfnd.jpg (5 views, 338.06 KB)
Post #1562157
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:14 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:44 AM
If this relates to your other thread, then isn't your problem just that the copy job isn't working? (This is why I said to keep it all in one thread.)

If your backups aren't being copied, there's nothing to restore.
Post #1562219
Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:37 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:15 AM
Jagadeesh Chowdary (4/16/2014)
Hi Sir,
Can please Elaborate the above Step.
I have observed that restore job is not running and showing the following error message but when i checked that all the transaction getting Restored even though...

2014-04-16 13:00:00.64 Could not find a log backup file that could be applied to secondary database 'TestDB'.

PFA...

Check each steps history, either

• logs are not being copied, hence no restore

• logs are being copied, but a log backup is missing, so no restores will take place

You have an LSN gap probably, this can be bridged by locating and restoring all log backups or, if no full backup has occurred against the Primary, apply a differential backup.

To check if the Primaries differential base LSN is in sync with the Secondary run the following against the Priamry and Secondary instances and return the results

select name, differential_base_lsn from sys.master_files
where database_id = db_id('logshipped_db_name') and type_desc = 'rows'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1562244
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse