Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

SFTP, encrypt or compress data files in SSIS using custom components Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 11, 2014 2:30 PM
Are there any best practices for storing a private key passphrase?
Post #1550795
Posted Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:08 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 5:55 AM
artvandelay (3/13/2014)
Are there any best practices for storing a private key passphrase?

Encrypt it!

We store our private key file on a secure location which we can limit by the process of the SQL Agent account. You could store the pass phrase config securely with it also.

Post #1550801
Posted Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:35 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 12:10 PM
Great article and content thank you. I've been scripting this behavior for so long.

However, I am unable to install the SSIS extensions. During installation, I am prompted that the application requires SSIS 2008 R2 and forces exit. My Integration Services version is 10.50.4000.

I recycled all SQL services and rebooted several times to no avail. Any advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated as I could really uses these Tasks.

Thanks.
Post #1550855
Posted Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:21 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 1:36 PM
lv42daze100 (3/13/2014)
Great article and content thank you. I've been scripting this behavior for so long.

However, I am unable to install the SSIS extensions. During installation, I am prompted that the application requires SSIS 2008 R2 and forced exite. My Integration Services version is 10.50.400.

I recycled all SQL services and rebooted several times to no avail. Any advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated as I could really uses this Tasks.

Thanks.

When I open SQL Server Management Studio and click "Help-About" I see this:

When I do the same in Visual Studio I see this:

Do you see anything substantially different?
Post #1550875
Posted Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:14 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 1:36 PM
lv42daze100 (3/13/2014)

However, I am unable to install the SSIS extensions. During installation, I am prompted that the application requires SSIS 2008 R2 and forced exite. My Integration Services version is 10.50.400.

I recycled all SQL services and rebooted several times to no avail. Any advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated as I could really uses this Tasks.

Thanks.

If you can't get this one to work, try this other codeplex custom task component:

SSIS SFTP Task Control Flow Component

Post #1550898
Posted Friday, March 14, 2014 9:52 AM
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the reply. My SQL and VS2008 version information.

Maybe you could suppress the version check during install or something?

Thanks
Post #1551219
Posted Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:48 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:48 AM
Same error was discussed on the codeplex-page at http://ssisextensions.codeplex.com/discussions/434570, see the reply from mcpunjabi on Thu at 4:22 PM.
I downloaded that link, and it installed without issues, even Toolbox was updated automagically!
Post #1551542
Posted Monday, March 17, 2014 9:10 AM
Forum Newbie

That resolved the issue for me, thanks.
Post #1551789
Posted Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:51 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:40 AM
When attempting to install the task for SSIS 2010, I encountered a problem in that it said I need to have SSIS 2010 on my system (I did). In researching the solution, the link quoted in the article referred me to the following download https://ssisextensions.codeplex.com/downloads/get/807818 for this tool.

Installing that download and re-launching SSIS 2010 had the task already in the toolbox ready for use without having to add it.

Thanks!
Post #1552653
Posted Friday, March 21, 2014 10:53 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, July 4, 2014 8:06 AM
Hi

I am very new to the sql and creating SSIS package. I am trying to import data with sftp from vendor's website. The settings works fine with other sftp software but when I try to execute the package, it comes with the following error. I have inserted all the following parameters but it is not working! help!

TITLE: Package Validation Error
------------------------------

Package Validation Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at SFTP Task: Missing: Host Name, Port Number, User Name, Password, Local File, Remote File.
Error at SFTP Task: There were errors during task validation.

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

BUTTONS:

OK
Post #1553612
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse