Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

SQL SERVER 2008 R2 transaction log shipping Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:26 PM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 18, 2014 5:21 PM
edited to avoid misrepresentation

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #1537914
Posted Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:03 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:31 AM
Thanks for the details. I see that we had replication between the source and destination servers. Is it like mandatory to remove the replication and then setup transactional logshipping for sqlserver 2008 R2.

Need details....
Post #1538025
Posted Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:43 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 11:31 AM
sanku.raghuram (2/4/2014)
I see that we had replication between the source and destination servers. Is it like mandatory to remove the replication and then setup transactional logshipping for sqlserver 2008 R2.

No, replication and log shipping work fine together.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1538068
Posted Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:49 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

please don't go back and amend posts, you have made it look like I have refused to help you for no reason

Post #1538102
Posted Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:23 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Sorry for mis confusion and comming to Shawpoint-- you mean replication and transaction logshipping will work together.

In that which order we go fist ,,

i mean first setup snapshot replication and then followed by transaction log shipping or vice-versa.

I have deleted the replication before the transaction log shipping betweeb source and destination [SQL SERVER 2008 R2]

but replication some how was still shoowing on destination server replication folder.

and when i HAVE set the log shipping on the destination server the logs are getting skipped this is production.

I need to again test it.

need assistance???????????
Post #1538238
Posted Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:21 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

sanku.raghuram (2/5/2014)
Sorry for mis confusion and comming to Shawpoint-- you mean replication and transaction logshipping will work together.

In that which order we go fist ,,

Yes they do and either order. They don't conflict with each other so it doesn't really matter.

Gail Shaw
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

Post #1538268
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:28 AM
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw,

Thanks sharing the details. I have one more question. I see that I have set the restore job to happen 2 min dalay.
so when my job runs first it skipped the transaction logs but when I again ran it it restored it.

do i need to wait for 2 min to be over. do you think that the reason for the log getting skipped.

Please respond as the earliest.

Thanks
Post #1538646
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:47 AM
SSCertifiable

if you set up a delay then the log will not restore until that delay time has passed

Post #1538661
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:52 AM

SSC-Forever

sanku.raghuram (2/6/2014)
Thanks sharing the details. I have one more question. I see that I have set the restore job to happen 2 min dalay.
so when my job runs first it skipped the transaction logs but when I again ran it it restored it.

do i need to wait for 2 min to be over. do you think that the reason for the log getting skipped.

No idea to be honest. As long as it does restore and allows you to stat within your SLAs I wouldn't worry too much.

Please respond as the earliest.

Am I your employee now?

Gail Shaw

Post #1538665
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:09 AM
Grasshopper

What do u mean I am your employee?

sry for the confusion, Not sure seems like you mis undetstood, I am requesting to get the information if possibble sooner.

Post #1538680
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse