Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Introduction to SQL-DMO Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2003 12:00 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:53 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at ttp://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/dmointro.asp>ttp://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/dmointro.asp

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #15364
Posted Thursday, August 12, 2004 10:36 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:21 AM
This article is really helpful. Many of my doubts cleared.
Those who know more abt this topis mail to me.

Muhamed Niyas C
Post #131497
Posted Monday, August 16, 2004 2:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, March 9, 2007 3:03 AM

Don't know how I didn't spot this article first time round! Great. Made me believe I can start fiddling around with the SQL Server object quite readily, and achieve some very useful tasks with only a few lines of code.

Neat and tidy. Tidy and neat.

Post #131911
Posted Friday, June 10, 2005 12:23 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Saturday, May 24, 2014 10:58 PM

Nice Article..Very Helpful

I have a small doubt regarding the 'Print' Option provided in the article..I created a SQL DTS Package with an ActiveX Script Task(With a Print Statement).Then I scheduled this package..But after running the job, I am not able to see the Printed Value in the Job History..

Please help me if any one knows why...

Post #189360
Posted Friday, June 10, 2005 3:54 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, July 12, 2013 5:09 AM

Again, a very useful article.

One thing which may be of use:

If you use WScript.Echo in aVBS file, then when the script is run by double clicking, then you get a Message Box, but if you run from the command prompt using cscript (eg "cscript script.vbs") then you get a printed line.

Post #189407
Posted Friday, June 10, 2005 7:54 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:12 PM

This is in fact very usefull.  However, it is very hard to find others who have implemented DMO via C# instead of VB.  I just finished an application that uses DMO via C# and it was absolutely painfull trying to figure out how to implement objects because there are no examples.  Perhaps we can expect to see more C#-DMO soon?

LVF

Post #189499
Posted Sunday, June 26, 2005 8:17 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:10 AM
I liked the article. We'll see how much I actually understood when I start messin' 'round with it.

We have met the enemy and he is us.
Post #194175
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse