Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Generate two-dimensional QR Code® bar codes in an SSRS report Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:17 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 1:36 PM
I started working on QR Codes for a work project that was going to be on a secure server not connected to the Internet, so the external service was not an option. I wasn't able to come up with anything and the requirement was dropped, but it bugged me and I just decided to figure out how to generate QR Codes programmatically.

I got this far, and I thought I might just share my knowledge on the chance that somebody else would show me a better way.
Post #1531180
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:15 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Try downloading the binaries and application from here...

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/258779/Just-launched-new-open-source-project-QrCode-Net-a

...and use the Gma.QrCodeNet.Demo.exe executable to generate some QR Codes and see if your phone can decipher them.

If it can, I am going to try to figure out how to use the accompanying Gma.QrCodeNet.Encoding.dll.

I have tried before, but got nowhere. Maybe this time will be different.
Post #1531200
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:23 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, June 8, 2014 1:45 AM
Thanks Stan. I have downloaded and run the code from the link you shared ("Just launched new open source project QrCode.Net at http://qrcodenet.codeplex.com").

The QR codes seem to work, however, non-regular characters are not understood properly (like Ñ, Å, Æ). The standard 128 ASCII chars work fine, so it could work with URLs.

I guess this code could be used as a DLL in Reporting Services and then solve the problem (to some point...)

Thanks again,
Antonio.
Post #1531271
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:45 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Looking at that page again, there may be enough information for me to get it to work. I will try it this weekend.
Post #1531309
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:44 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:51 AM
a.abalos.castillo (1/14/2014)
After trying the code, the qr code images generated seem unreadable by a cell phone. Is that expected somehow?

The online
qr code reader at zxing does recognize it, but iPhone or Lumia phones were unable to read it

Thanks.

Have you tried to use any android-based phone to read the QR code? I mean it is a little strange that only the online barcode reader can read the barcode.
Post #1559817
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2014 5:53 AM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, June 8, 2014 1:45 AM
Windows phone and iPhone
Post #1559891
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse