Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

C# ADOMD Connection error - Element return was not found Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 9:28 AM
Hi guys

I am trying to put together a Dashboard using VS2012 in c#. I want to connect to my Cube in order to retrieve the Data to be displayed in Graphs.

I have the following connection:
AdomdConnection myconnect = new AdomdConnection(@"provider=msolap.5;initial catalog=Cube;datasource=xx.xx.xx.xx;UID=MyUser;PWD=MyPassword;Timeout=10000;connect timeout=1000");

When I replace xx.xx.xx.xx (in AWS) by "localhost" I can connect and run MDX Queries otherwise I get the Element error.

In some forums, some people advise to increase the timeout delay but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The error message comes back straight after calling Open() whatever value I use.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Post #1525588
Posted Monday, December 23, 2013 6:24 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:27 AM
Add the port number to the IP address. To find the correct port number: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466860

Post #1525666
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:37 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 9:28 AM
Hi

Thanks for the info but I have already tried with xx.xx.xx.xx:2383 an go the same result.

Cheers
Post #1525706
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse