Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Displaying column names Expand / Collapse
Author

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 12:06 AM
Hi
I have a requirement where I need to show a column name in a SSRS report in the following format:

List of <Hazards.hazardCode> separated by ", "
<MaterialsItems.otherHazards>

Here, Hazards and MaterialsItems are table names and hazardCode and otherHazards are column names.

How to display this? Pls help me on this.
Post #1501547
Posted Friday, October 4, 2013 7:25 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:56 PM
Junglee_George (10/4/2013)
Hi
I have a requirement where I need to show a column name in a SSRS report in the following format:

List of <Hazards.hazardCode> separated by ", "
<MaterialsItems.otherHazards>

Here, Hazards and MaterialsItems are table names and hazardCode and otherHazards are column names.

How to display this? Pls help me on this.

WOW talk about vague. I think you want to create a comma separated list of hazardCode?

Take a look at this link. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/71700/

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1501594
Posted Friday, October 4, 2013 5:00 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
You might be able to use JOIN() in SSRS, but Sean's right... more details, please!!!

If you want a good answer, ask a good question! (enough details so we can reproduce what you're seeing...)
Post #1501789
Posted Monday, October 7, 2013 12:16 AM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

I want to show the above column in a SSRS table, as an expression(as I have to join two columns from different tables.).
Post #1501994
Posted Monday, October 7, 2013 7:36 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Junglee_George (10/7/2013)
I want to show the above column in a SSRS table, as an expression(as I have to join two columns from different tables.).

We can't see your screen, we have no idea what your project is supposed to do, we don't know your datasets. You have provided absolutely no details about what you want. We are really good at sql but we are terrible as mind readers. Look at what you have posted and ask yourself if you could provide an answer based on the details provided.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Post #1502130
Posted Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:49 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:36 PM
Are the column names constant or dynamic?
Post #1503229
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:23 AM

SSChasing Mays

The columns are constant columns in a table.
Post #1503378
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:26 AM

SSChasing Mays

I am getting this error message when the JOIN() in ssrs is used.

[rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the textrun ‘Textbox96.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: Overload resolution failed because no Public 'Join' can be called with these arguments: 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As String(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'String()'. 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As System.Object(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'Object()'.

Any help is appreciated.
Post #1503379
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:52 AM

SSChampion

Junglee_George (10/10/2013)
I am getting this error message when the JOIN() in ssrs is used.

[rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the textrun ‘Textbox96.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: Overload resolution failed because no Public 'Join' can be called with these arguments: 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As String(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'String()'. 'Public Shared Function Join(SourceArray As System.Object(), [Delimiter As String = ]) As String': Argument matching parameter 'SourceArray' cannot convert from 'String' to 'Object()'.

Any help is appreciated.

6 days into your issue, you haven't received any help. I have asked repeatedly for details and you keep posting anything but details. I generally request this information a maximum of three times...this is #3 in your thread. Give us some details and we can help you find a solution.

Post #1503582
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse