Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

No More MCM Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, September 7, 2013 11:51 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:38 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item No More MCM

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1492539
Posted Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:59 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:50 PM
The connect item has now disappeared.

I think someone at MS doesn't like being told they screwed up.

Just decreases my respect for them still further. The company's attitude to its customers and its users has really changed for the worse over the last several years.

Tom
Post #1492570
Posted Sunday, September 8, 2013 12:19 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:36 AM
L' Eomot Inversé (9/7/2013)

It was removed at Jen's request because a small number of people were abusing the platform and using it to insult, harass and otherwise annoy well-known members of the SQL community.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1492580
Posted Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:37 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:50 PM
GilaMonster (9/8/2013)

It was removed at Jen's request because a small number of people were abusing the platform and using it to insult, harass and otherwise annoy well-known members of the SQL community.

So MS wasn't burying the connect item after all; I was wrongly accusing them of trying a cover up. That's good.

Tom
Post #1492590
Posted Monday, September 9, 2013 1:38 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:14 AM
Steve,
I like very much your comment near the end "...no matter whether they used old knowledge or acquired new proficiency on the spot." Having a job where these two are split properly is what determines job satisfaction - MCM or not.
Post #1492676
Posted Monday, September 9, 2013 7:17 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:20 AM
I was once fired on a Monday morning, I would have preferred the prior Friday. I would think they knew before I left on Friday that this was going to happen Monday. For me it would have given me more time to deal with the consequences of not having a job and would have changed my plans and spending for that weekend. This was in the mid 80's so I would have been able to look in the Sunday paper for a potential new job.

We recently had some departments here let some people go and they did it on a Friday morning. Luckily I'm still here but I know I would have preferred it this way.
Post #1492769
Posted Monday, September 9, 2013 8:26 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 15, 2014 3:27 PM
Regarding the MCM, I had fully intended on going after the MCSM: Data Platform (SQL Server 2012). However, even prior to the MCM retirement announcement I had started thinking maybe I should set my sights on SQL Server 2014 and all of its certifications. After all, with CTP 1 already available, I could get an early start on preparations for the new exams. Then again, by the time I would have acquired the 2014 certs, SQL Server 2016 will have been released. Add the expiring of certifications to that and you end up in a never-ending state of hesitation. Is this perhaps part of the rationale for eliminating MCM/MCA credentials? -too many levels of certs for such a short product lifecycle?
Post #1492808
Posted Monday, September 9, 2013 8:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 15, 2014 3:27 PM
Interestingly, as of this morning, it appears as though the Microsoft Certification Guidance Team has not yet been briefed on the change:

Abc: Hello, I'm Abc with the Microsoft Certification Guidance Team.
Brian: Many people had the MCM as their goal, now what?
Abc: We still have masteral for SQL Server 2012. But it is now called as MCSM.
Brian: I had assumed that was included in the MCM expirations.
Brian: MCxM
Abc: No it is not, they just changed the name/certification title.
Post #1492814
Posted Monday, September 9, 2013 8:56 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Michael Meierruth (9/9/2013)
Steve,
I like very much your comment near the end "...no matter whether they used old knowledge or acquired new proficiency on the spot." Having a job where these two are split properly is what determines job satisfaction - MCM or not.

Thanks

Post #1492816
Posted Monday, September 9, 2013 8:56 AM

SSC-Dedicated

GilaMonster (9/8/2013)

I think this was a mistake. The bad comes with the good, and having a place to vote makes sense.

Post #1492817
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse