Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

What's next?! Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:07 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 20, 2014 4:23 PM
At the end of Stairway Level 12 you wrote this...

What’s Next?
The next Transact-SQL Stairway will cover more advanced topics. I will be discussing additional T-SQL functionality that will allow you round out your T-SQL programming skills. Here is a partial list of topics that will I be covering:

CASE statement
WHILE loop
IF THEN ELSE logic
Sub-Queries
User Defined Functions
Stored Procedures
Triggers
Use of Temporary Table
Common Table Expressions (CTEs).

Where can I go to get a more in depth view of these more advanced topics? Is there other stairways for these? I have been looking all over the site and cannot find where they might be.

Hope you can help with my query

Thanks
J
Post #1489336
Posted Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:07 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 12:50 PM
I left a note over on that stairway to take a look at your post. It does seem odd that 7 months have gone by and no other word of continuation. It may be that they're waiting until Greg completes the entire series before releasing the first article of that series.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1489513
Posted Friday, August 30, 2013 7:52 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, June 6, 2014 2:06 PM
I'm a little tardy on getting the next stairway out. Hopefully within the next few months you will start seeing articles in my next stairway.

Gregory A. Larsen, MVP

Need SQL Server Examples check out my website at http://www.sqlserverexamples.com
Post #1490168
Posted Friday, August 30, 2013 7:56 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 12:50 PM
Greg Larsen (8/30/2013)
I'm a little tardy on getting the next stairway out. Hopefully within the next few months you will start seeing articles in my next stairway.

Thanks for the feedback, Greg.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1490171
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse