Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

What physically happens in initial transactional replication Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:04 AM
Hi,

I use transactional replication for reporting purposes. Something weird happened last week Friday. We had to recreate the transact replication due to system changes - the new fuctionality had to be implemented with it's own replication upfront before the reporting side's replication could be added. I had to go through the whole setup again - no problem because it is fairly straight forward. What happened after this was: A secondary process utilises the replicated database to feed info to a downstream service provider. This secondary process transmits any changes via a storedproc. After the replication was configured - bear in mind I marked it for re-initialization - two tables seemed to be truncated in the replicated database for a fraction of a second and re-populated thereafter. My question is thus: Does the replicated database's tables get truncated prior to the population of them on the initial replication? I would gather this much. Any assistance in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gert.

Kindest Regards,

Gert van Deventer

Post #1488346
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse